Can confirmed DeepStack Alert images be saved with markup separately?

pqRec

Can confirmed DeepStack Alert images be saved with markup separately?

Post by pqRec »

Hi everyone

I have BI5 and DeepStack successfully identifying people, animals, vehicles etc.

I'm trying to send an alert with the Telegram API and want to include the DeepStack analyzed and marked-up image.

BlueIris saves all alerts, both motion activated and DeepStack positive analyzed images to the Alerts directory. I don't want the non-marked up alerts.

I tried the option 'Save JPGs when alerted' but it doesn't save the DeepStack markup on the image either.

Is there any macro or way I can save only the marked up images from DeepStack per alert trigger?

I have the following configuration
1.png
1.png (23.53 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
2.png
2.png (35.24 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
3.png
3.png (37.27 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Thanks!
YrbkMgr

Re: Can confirmed DeepStack Alert images be saved with markup separately?

Post by YrbkMgr »

Your settings are similar to mine. I don't use the feature but when testing it, the alert image with the markup lives in the Alerts folder "C:\BlueIris\Alerts".
Garage.20211209_160908.31202.5123-23.34053.40048_sm.jpg
Garage.20211209_160908.31202.5123-23.34053.40048_sm.jpg (99.62 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

Thanks for your reply - I get the alerts with the burned DeepStack markup just like you did, but I'm also getting every single motion event as well, not just the DeepStack events.

Have a look at the following - DeepStack correctly identified every event on the timeline, however in my Alerts directory, only the two highlighted files have the DeepStack markup like in your image.
5.png
5.png (97 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
I'd like to only have alerts for the images successfully detected and marked up by DeepStack (not all motion triggers) and I can't figure out how to do it.

Cheers
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I'm a little confused, bear with me...
I'm trying to send an alert with the Telegram API and want to include the DeepStack analyzed and marked-up image.
When I enabled the markup in AI producing the image above, that image is what was sent via SMS and Email - the Alert image. Personally, I didn't like it, so I disabled the feature. I can't even spell API so bear that in mind... point is, I'm not sure where the difficulty lies.
BlueIris saves all alerts, both motion activated and DeepStack positive analyzed images to the Alerts directory. I don't want the non-marked up alerts.
I don't think that's quite correct. As I understand it: Camera triggered -> Hi-Res JPEG + recording -> DS Evaluation -> Go/No Go. On Go -> Burn DeepStack analysis onto alert image -> Alert Actions. DS isn't creating an image, the Hi-Res JPEG created by BI is marked up.

You're saying that you don't want the non-marked up images, consider this: your instructions are for the camera to snap an alert image when the camera is triggered. Not all camera triggers result in a markup - cancelled alerts will not be marked up. So you should expect there to be alert images in the Alerts folder that are not marked up. That's the logical bit, but moreover, why do you care? Hear me out...

The whole point of Clips and Archiving is to relieve the user of having to worry about space management. Set it and forget it. If you run out of space, storage is cheap. So the way I see it is... I don't give a second thought about how much anything takes up - I already set my limits in C&A, and BI knows where everything is when I need it.

I'm not sayin' I'm right, I'm just sayin' that's how I see it.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

My requirement is simple: Send via Telegram (or Signal Messenger) marked up alerts successfully identified by DeepStack.

I couldn't work out how to do it with BlueIris - it doesn't have an option to Run a command with parameters ONLY for the marked up image.
The following does NOT work
6.png
6.png (36.14 KiB) Viewed 2014 times

because the file gets renamed a few seconds after DeepStack has completed its markup - the yellow highlight gets added a few seconds after the alert is triggered:
7.png
7.png (11.38 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
I found that once Deepstack has successfully marked up with a positive alert, it adds metadata in the Title and Subject fields,
8.PNG
8.PNG (6.93 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

So I wrote a powershell script to continuously monitor the Alerts directory, find any JPG greater than 20 seconds old (so DeepStack has finished processing it), resize it and send it via Telegram.

It also silences alerts if too many are sent in a certain period. This is my solution to not having to disarm alerts at a building site where workers may work at varying days and times so I can't use a schedule. It also automatically rearms (begins sending alerts again) after a period of inactivity.

Hope this helps a few people.
The attachment Deepstack_Alerter.ps1.zip is no longer available

This isn't for beginner users - you must have a knowledge of Powershell and create your own Telegram bot following instructions like this:
https://core.telegram.org/bots/api and https://www.shellhacks.com/telegram-api ... ation-bot/
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-01-22-12-51-33-616_org.telegram.messenger.png
Screenshot_2022-01-22-12-51-33-616_org.telegram.messenger.png (108.76 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I've been around a while and my advice is this: Whether you want to do it via an API hack or natively in BI, send an email to support with this issue. It's obscure and will get the developers attention. You'll get a reliable answer. You pay to ask them whatever you want and they are the most reliable resource.
p217 help file
When writing for support, you must include basic software and license details. For your convenience you will find an Email support button on this page. This button will copy important information to the Windows clipboard. In order to make use of this information, you must them open an email to send to support@blueirissoftware.com. Please make the subject descriptive in order to prevent our mail server from combing it with others of the same subject. In the BODY of the message (not the subject), use the Windows PASTE command (control-V) to insert your support information at the beginning of your message

I'm not a programmer, but I'm not convinced that you are drawing the correct conclusions about Alert Images. There are a lot of factors that influence what's created. In addition, your example images don't show the date and time of the one captured in your txt file - without that, I'm not convinced that the timing thing is the issue. The help file said that
Trigger zones are now added to the alert .JPG filename alongside flags so that this information is no longer lost with a full Database/Delete & Regenerate.
My alert images created with the Hi-Res jpeg option show 1 JPEG and 1 DAT per alert. The numbers at the end have to do with motion zones and metadata. So as I say, emailing support is your best bet.
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

YrbkMgr wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:59 am via an API hack
I can see you're particularly experienced and helpful to users on this forum and I've gained knowledge thanks to your comments, but by your own admission of not knowing what API's are, please refrain from making false statements that using API's is a hack. Your further comments about camera number and date/time aren't correct as it's literally a basic string parsing issue, eg for the link above, anybody with a basic level of powershell knowledge can add the camera and date/time in 1-2 minutes:
9.PNG
9.PNG (23.01 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
An API is a way to allow different websites, programs, applications, scripts, databases, operating systems, devices to talk amongst one another. BlueIris uses API's to communicate with DeepStack and for each camera.

To make an analogy, telephone numbers and email addresses are an example API for humans to contact each other.

The script I attached above works for the very dedicated purpose I have. If the developers choose to integrate it into the software and make this script redundant, it would better the software and be useful for me. I needed the solution RIGHT NOW so I wrote the script. I'll also take your advice to email the developers with a link to this post and ask for their thoughts.

Thanks for the chat.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Full stop right there. I don't think you have an appreciation for forum decorum. I will not abide insolence and disrespect from anyone, let alone a new member telling me what I should refrain from saying. You misrepresented my comments and admonished me based on those misrepresentations. You are out of line - any further help from me requires an apology.

The API you are attempting to use with BI is a hack from Shellhacks - the group who organize an annual hackathon. I called that API a hack, I never said that "using API's is a hack". And I know WTF an API is - how you draw conclusions is a mystery to me.

The most useful pieces of advice I ever got are: "The soundest reasoning leads to the wrongest conclusions when the premises are false", and "Don't poke the bear".
pqRec

Post by pqRec »

Wow.
10.png
10.png (36.99 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
Perhaps that's how I came to the conclusion that you didn't know what an API was.

Interesting that you called "That API a hack" when it's merely instructions on how to use a tool (the Telegram API) to achieve an outcome. That means the assembly instructions for ikea furniture is a hack, as well as every recipe and even map or set of directions.

I'm always happy to be corrected when wrong but I feel I responded correctly, albeit too harshly. I see no further benefit to readers by debating who's right or wrong, we should have just had a "yeah nah I kind of know what an API is but not an expert, I didn't mean I didn't know anything about it" "oh whoops sorry man, I misunderstood, cheers".

I won't contribute or reply any further.
YrbkMgr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:15 am any further help from me requires an apology.
Understood.