Having an issue BlueIris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error

BitBump

Re: Having an issue BlueIris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error

Post by BitBump »

Something else that you can try is to disable hardware acceleration for the cams and globally.
On the server where BI fails to open have a look within the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris, find the camera under Cameras then within the camera settings check what ip_hwaccel is set to, setting it to 0 should set it to use the default BI global setting.
The global setting can be found under Options, key being hwaccel, try that set to 0 or have a play around until BI starts.

Yep, have already tried these

We have tried BI5 on two different servers, ewach having also had BI4 installed

We also tried removing BI4 and installing BI5

We also tried installing BI5 on a windows 10 computer that had no previous install of BI4 nor BI5.

Each had the same issue.
YrbkMgr

Re: Having an issue BlueIris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error

Post by YrbkMgr »

BitBump wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:07 pm We have not been able to migrate yet. All we have done is installed the version 4 program on the new server and started it up, so that we have our cameras working. Then we installed version 5 to start the processs to change over. But installing it is as far as we have gotten with it so far.

Sadly my first hurdle is to even get Blue Iris 5 to start.

I had opened a ticket with support, but they seem to take very long to communicate and now no longer seem to be communicating, so i created a post in the forum.
See the post on making sure your support request is not flagged as spam. The developer is maniacal about spam control.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
BitBump

Post by BitBump »

I finally got another reply from them but wasnt very helpful, they suggest i reinstall the OS, but that doesnt explain the issue occuring on 3 different machines with 3 different OSes. I mean i can understand it might be something with our configuration, but I highly doubt that reinstalling windows is going to fix that if we reconfigure back to our companies requirements xD.

I plan on testing on a machine not configured for our network, just havent had time yet.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You got that reply because there was not enough information for them to troubleshoot - happened to me early on because I did not provide complete information about the scenario. So if you want to get up and running...

First, best practices: Follow the steps in the migration guide I posted earlier. If you did not follow those steps, it's on you. If you did, report back what happened.

Also, it is entirely unclear whether you purchased BI v5 or are installing it in evaluation mode. That's... kinda important.

Point is, no one who installs v5 correctly has that issue, so you're doing something wrong. Admittedly, the process isn't well documented except in that link I provided. So in your shoes, I'd cross my i's and dot my t's, as it were...
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.