Having an issue BlueIris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error

BitBump

Having an issue BlueIris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error

Post by BitBump »

Having an issue Blue Iris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error "Blue Iris Video Security and WebCam Software has stopped working".

I have tried reinstalling it, removing security software, reinstalling vcredist, removing reg key for the settings, turning off the firewall, and a few other things.

So far nothing has worked.

I am able to successfully run Blue Iris 4 on the same system, but not Blue Iris 5
Have tested with same results on multiple systems, one running windows server 2019 and one running windows server 2012.

I have been working on this for many days without any forward momentum.

Any help would be great.

Also, keep getting this in event log

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.5.4.3, time stamp: 0x61ccac80
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000014156af90
Faulting process id: 0x1af8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8095de9093470
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 27fc625e-7551-11ec-811d-001e688e5077
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
YrbkMgr

Re: Having an issue BlueIris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error

Post by YrbkMgr »

If you do a search of the forum for the term "exception code" there are several threads. View the threads posted by varghesesa - he's the guy you want to pay attention to.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
BitBump

Re: Having an issue BlueIris 5 not even opening, I run as admin and it gives me an error

Post by BitBump »

Yeah, I have looked throughout the forum for that error code and searched that persons posts as well, so far nothing has helped.

By the way I have also tested on WIndows 10, on a different computer and still had the issue.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Start here... What version of BI 5? Is it a new install? Upgrade? Did BI 5 ever work? That would be helpful information. Is HW acceleration enabled? If so, turn it off in v4, then try.

Also, have you looked at the log file? There's a new article from BI about Log Files that may be worthwhile as well.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
BitBump

Post by BitBump »

Our main system we want to run iton is a windows server 2019

we are currently running blue iris 4 version 4.8.6.3
we have installed blue iris 5 version 5.5.4.3 to do an upgrade from 4

This is a new server so it is a brand new install

At first we had issues with BI4 and BI5, but we were able to get BI4 running by adding exclusions to our security software.
So, BI4 is working fine. But we have also tried removing our security software to see if maybe something else related to it was causing issues with BI 5 and still could not run BI5.

So, no, BI5 has never worked, we have also tested it on the older server (running windows server 2012) and on a windowss 10 laptop and BI5 would not run on either.

we have also tried removing blue iris 4 from the main server and installing blue iris 5 alone

Hardware accelerated decode is set to no

By the way Blue Iris 5 does not even open its ui, it crashes before the window even opens.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Are you importing your BI 4 settings when installing BI 5?

Try doing a clean install with no previous settings or is that what you are doing?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Exactly how did you migrate from v4 -> v5?

Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide
BitBump

Post by BitBump »

We have not been able to migrate yet. All we have done is installed the version 4 program on the new server and started it up, so that we have our cameras working. Then we installed version 5 to start the processs to change over. But installing it is as far as we have gotten with it so far.

Sadly my first hurdle is to even get Blue Iris 5 to start.

I had opened a ticket with support, but they seem to take very long to communicate and now no longer seem to be communicating, so i created a post in the forum.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

So you are effectively upgrading!

On the new server with the OS just installed can you try installing BI v5 and see if that installs and runs?
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Something else that you can try is to disable hardware acceleration for the cams and globally.

On the server where BI fails to open have a look within the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris, find the camera under Cameras then within the camera settings check what ip_hwaccel is set to, setting it to 0 should set it to use the default BI global setting.

The global setting can be found under Options, key being hwaccel, try that set to 0 or have a play around until BI starts.

When making changes makes a note of any values that you change but I would go for setting that option with the camera to 0 then try changing the main default setting within Options, good luck