Audio on triggered alerts seems to be tied to pre-trigger buffer

bphillips921

Audio on triggered alerts seems to be tied to pre-trigger buffer

Post by bphillips921 »

I'm having issues with the audio on my alerts being off.

I'm using Deepstack to identify a person, I trigger the camera if it sees a person. If my pre-buffer trigger is set to 5 seconds then the audio on the alert recording is off by 5 seconds. If I set the pre-trigger to 1 second the audio is off by 1 second. If I turn the pre-trigger off the audio does not work on the recording. Everything works as expected when viewing the video/audio live.

Anyone else had this issue? I'm using Blue Iris V. 5.5.4.3
YrbkMgr

Re: Audio on triggered alerts seems to be tied to pre-trigger buffer

Post by YrbkMgr »

bphillips921 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:54 am I'm having issues with the audio on my alerts being off.

I'm using Deepstack to identify a person, I trigger the camera if it sees a person. If my pre-buffer trigger is set to 5 seconds then the audio on the alert recording is off by 5 seconds. If I set the pre-trigger to 1 second the audio is off by 1 second. If I turn the pre-trigger off the audio does not work on the recording. Everything works as expected when viewing the video/audio live.

Anyone else had this issue? I'm using Blue Iris V. 5.5.4.3
It is unclear to me what you're referring to as it relates to "the audio on the alert". Are you saying that during playback the recorded audio in the clip is out of sync with the video? Or audio Alert notifications (wav) are later than you expect? Maybe a walk through of steps you take when you observe the behavior would be more helpful.

For the sake of clarity, the camera triggers on motion according to the Trigger tab settings independent of Deepstack. Motion events always record when there's motion. Deepstack only decides if it qualifies as a confirmed alert. In other words, DS is the traffic cop that decides whether a triggering event is a "go/no go" for subsequent actions like SMS, email, etc.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
bphillips921

Post by bphillips921 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:46 am
It is unclear to me what you're referring to as it relates to "the audio on the alert". Are you saying that during playback the recorded audio in the clip is out of sync with the video? Or audio Alert notifications (wav) are later than you expect? Maybe a walk through of steps you take when you observe the behavior would be more helpful.

For the sake of clarity, the camera triggers on motion according to the Trigger tab settings independent of Deepstack. Motion events always record when there's motion. Deepstack only decides if it qualifies as a confirmed alert. In other words, DS is the traffic cop that decides whether a triggering event is a "go/no go" for subsequent actions like SMS, email, etc.
Thanks for the clarification, that does help me understand how Deepstack interacts. Instead of "alert" I should have said "clip". When BI records a clip due to a motion trigger the audio is out of sync on the clip by the exact amount of the pre-trigger buffer. If the pre-tigger buffer is set to 1 sec then the audio on the clip is 1 sec behind. If set to 5 sec the audio is 5 sec behind.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I get it. In your shoes, I would write BI support - you pay for it. Myself, I can't really help you more, so your quickest route is at the source, in my opinion. To get past their spam filter,
When writing for support, you must include basic software and license details. For your convenience you will find an Email support button on this page. This button will copy important information to the Windows clipboard. In order to make use of this information, you must them open an email to send to support@blueirissoftware.com. Please make the subject descriptive in order to prevent our mail server from combing it with others of the same subject. In the BODY of the message (not the subject), use the Windows PASTE command (control-V) to insert your support information at the beginning of your message.
EDIT: This might be worth looking into:
p 16
The pre-trigger image is now used as the first image sent to AI for alert confirmation. This is an image captured at first motion rather than at the moment of trigger, so it may be earlier in time by as much as the motion sensor’s make time.

When recording continuously (including the new continuous + alerts mode), physical recording is delayed by the duration of the pre-trigger buffer. This allows the opportunity to record the main stream frames in the pre-trigger buffer as required. In addition, this means that if you manually record or start/stop using the traffic signal icon, the pre-trigger buffer will now also be recorded.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
bphillips921

Post by bphillips921 »

Thanks for the help. I'll reach out to BI support.