Motion detection through Deepstack and Sentry resulting in green screen with artifacts.

kjac3585

Motion detection through Deepstack and Sentry resulting in green screen with artifacts.

Post by kjac3585 »

Cam: Trivision NC-336
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
GPU: RTX 3080

I'm having an issue with recorded video/images being almost entirely solid green, except the parts of the video that are moving. I've tried Deepstack and now Sentry, but they give the same results. I've also tried changing my hardware decoder from None, to Intel, to NVIDEA with no change. The video stream from each camera on the BI interface seems to be working as expected, no green screen issues...only recorded video/images. I've attached some images from Sentry's website showing the problems I'm having.
Attachments
FRONT-YARD_1641763509744.jpg
FRONT-YARD_1641763509744.jpg (42.1 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
FRONT-YARD_1641763695832.jpg
FRONT-YARD_1641763695832.jpg (231.86 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
YrbkMgr

Re: Motion detection through Deepstack and Sentry resulting in green screen with artifacts.

Post by YrbkMgr »

only recorded video/images
What about playback (BVR) - same?. Does it happen if exported -> mp4 or AVI, etc? What are you viewing the video in?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MikeLud

Re: Motion detection through Deepstack and Sentry resulting in green screen with artifacts.

Post by MikeLud »

DeepStack does not support RTX 3000 GPUs yet. The developer will be releasing a version that will before the end of this month.

Are you using the CPU or GPU version of DeepStack?
kjac3585

Post by kjac3585 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:00 am
only recorded video/images
What about playback (BVR) - same?. Does it happen if exported -> mp4 or AVI, etc? What are you viewing the video in?
I only get the distorted/green video when it's an "alert" type video clip. If it's the long uneventful BVR video then it seems to record normally. It happens when viewing the video inside blue iris as well as external video player MPC-BE. I exported one of the alert videos to MP4, same issue.

The screenshots I uploaded here are actually from the Sentry website.
MikeLud wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:19 am DeepStack does not support RTX 3000 GPUs yet. The developer will be releasing a version that will before the end of this month.

Are you using the CPU or GPU version of DeepStack?
The problem occurs with both Deepstack and Sentry, if that makes a difference. I'm using the GPU version of Deepstack and followed this post to install it (supposedly works with RTX 3000series).
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Sam posted this article yesterday that may be helpful: resolving video quality issues of a camera during playback at the console
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
kjac3585

Post by kjac3585 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm Sam posted this article yesterday that may be helpful: resolving video quality issues of a camera during playback at the console
I looked at the article, but it did not help any. I also emailed Blue Iris support a few days ago with no response yet. Hoping to get this resolved, but so far nothing.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You probably already know this but BI is maniacal about spam so when writing for support, best practices from the help file...
BI Email Support Dialog.JPG
BI Email Support Dialog.JPG (70.12 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
p 217
When writing for support, you must include basic software and license details. For your convenience you will find an Email support button on this page. This button will copy important information to the Windows clipboard. In order to make use of this information, you must them open an email to send to support@blueirissoftware.com. Please make the subject descriptive in order to prevent our mail server from combing it with others of the same subject. In the BODY of the message (not the subject), use the Windows PASTE command (control-V) to insert your support information at the beginning of your message.
Otherwise, they may not see your email.