Reset to Defaults

PPatla78730

Reset to Defaults

Post by PPatla78730 »

Is there a simple was to reset BI 5 to it's installation defaults?

I followed some of the tweaking guides and screwed some things up along the way.

I wanted to start again from the defaults, short of an uninstall and reinstall is there a way to reset to the out of the box defaults?

-Pat
reddawg

Re: Reset to Defaults

Post by reddawg »

DISCLAIMER: Only do this if you have NOT ACTIVATED Blue Iris 5, as the following instructions will delete all Blue Iris settings including your Registration license information resulting in Blue Iris running in DEMO mode.

To reset Blue Iris to its default settings, delete the registry key where Blue Iris stores all its settings. When you run Blue Iris 5 next, it will re-create its default settings. This can be done a few different ways.

Blue Iris 5 64-bit Registry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software"
Blue Iris 5 32-bit Registry: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software"

Method 1: Using REG DELETE command

1. Open a CMD prompt with Run as Administrator privileges
2. Type: reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software" /f
3. Run Blue Iris or start BlueIris service.

Method 2: Using REGEDIT file

1. Create a REG file using Notepad called "Delete Blue Iris Registry Settings.reg"
2. Copy and paste the following code into the REG file.

----- BEGIN Copy the code below this line -----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software]

----- END Copy the code above this line -----

3. Save Notepad as "Delete Blue Iris Registry Settings.reg" without .txt.
4. Double Click on the "Delete Blue Iris Registry Settings.reg" REG file to delete Blue Iris settings from the registry.

Important: make sure Blue Iris is not running as an application or as a service before doing this.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
protivakid

Re: Reset to Defaults

Post by protivakid »

It's nuts there is no way to reset settings without blowing out the product license too. Why wouldn't they just use a config file?! Anyways I followed this on mine and my key worked to reactivate a second time on the same machine. YMMV