Emails are mostly late suddenly

YrbkMgr

Re: Emails are mostly late suddenly

Post by YrbkMgr »

IAmATeaf wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:08 pm The reason your previous settings were already there is that they are set/configured within the registry which the uninstall doesn’t delete.
Which is why I recommended the rollback process..
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
deathworm

Post by deathworm »

Okay, thanks for the info

something is really terrible wrong. it didnt recorded today or yesterday again. ive found some xmas package this morning infront of the door and no capture at all. and it was already in the past some time. not often, but it happened when some visitors came and there was as well no recordning at all.

man, whats wrong with that computer. what possibilitys could be that? are these setting all in one registry structure that can i delete?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Yes.

1. First, backup your current BI Registry settings.
Copy to a .bat file, and run. This will save 3 BI .reg files. Current_User, Local_nachine, and, the BI Registration info.

Code: Select all

@echo off

REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Backup Registry entries...
REM Files will be generated in the folder this bat file is execute from.
REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

echo. & echo.
echo --------------------------------------------------
echo Backing up BI 'CURRENT_USER' registry branch...
reg export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software" "BI, CU.reg"
echo.

echo.
echo Backing up BI 'LOCAL_MACHINE' registry branch...
echo This may take several seconds.
reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software" "BI, LM.reg"
echo.

echo.
echo Backing up BI Registration...
reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Registration" "BI, Registration.reg"
echo. & echo.

echo Files backed up...
dir /B bi*.reg
echo. & echo.

pause
exit

2. Delete the BI registry entries. CAUTION: This will DELETE your BI settings.
You may need to run as administrator.

Code: Select all

@echo off

:: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:: Deletes the Blue Iris's Windows Registry settings in the following key branches...
::   [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software]
::   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software]
::
:: It will ask for a Yes/No response for each of the two deletes.
:: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

color 0a

echo.
echo.
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software\Blue Iris"

echo.
echo.
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software"

echo.
echo.
pause
exit

3. Re install BI. Do not run.

4. With BI not running, Execute 'BI, Registration.reg'. This will enter the registration info for you.

5. Start BI.

You now have a clean EMPTY BI re install.
deathworm

Post by deathworm »

Hello again,

okay.. Ive waited a bit because of that new update and tested it with that but without success. then I made that new install with your bat file, but no - same problem still consists. sometimes it's strange that I don't even receive a big screenshot... then it's just a real tiny screenshot via mail in which I even not be able to see the time and date.

Next step: screenshots of all settings, full uninstall, registry bat, reinstall, all settings by hand and screenshots. let's look if that helps, maybe I bring that failure back with the registry.

and if that doesnt help I am going to install a new test installation on an another comp and try it out.
deathworm

Post by deathworm »

Good day.

So ive done this total new install with no registry backup last week. And well, it looks like it's working fine again. Emails with the trigger images are there again within of seconds.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Good on you for the follow up. In my experience delays have always fluctuated from good to bad even if there were no settings changed. In fact, just regular texts to my phone are sometimes delayed. I chalk it up to the cellular gods on a coffee break.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.