Camera layout order is different for local vs remote viewing

jondwalters

Camera layout order is different for local vs remote viewing

Post by jondwalters »

I have a Blue Iris system with 30ish cameras on it. In the Blue Iris console, the cameras are arranged logically as one would walk through the building. I don't know exactly when the issue started but it was around the time v5.5 was released. Now, when we view the cameras using UI3 or the mobile app, the cameras are showing up in alphabetical order rather than the order that was set in the console. It makes it very difficult to track someone's movement through the building. I just upgraded it to v5.5.3.5 and confirmed the issue still is happening. Any ideas?
MikeBwca

Re: Camera layout order is different for local vs remote viewing

Post by MikeBwca »

I'm not seeing it. The groups all are arranged the same as the server.

Are you sure your UI3 is not in the 'All Camera' group. This would result in what your describing.
jondwalters

Post by jondwalters »

I am using a camera group that I created called "all". Confirmed both UI3 and the mobile app are viewing the "all" group.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Can you post screenshots of...
- The desktop console of the 'All' Group.
- The desktop console of the 'All' Group layout mode.
jondwalters

Post by jondwalters »

Thanks for the reply Mike. I went back into my server and updated Blue Iris. It's now working as expected so I think there may have been a bug in the earlier releases. I was able to replicate the issue before on a couple Blue Iris systems that are completely independent of each other prior to this latest update.
bschaer

Post by bschaer »

I can confirm that this issue still exists, 5.5.5.11. If in the primary UI, you "edit layout", move a window, move it back, the UI3 layout is correct.... UNTIL THE NEXT BI SERVER RESTART. Then reverts to alphabetical order. Very irritating.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Can you make it go away with a previous version?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
bschaer

Post by bschaer »

YrbkMgr wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:36 pm Can you make it go away with a previous version?
This has been going on for ~8 months. I'm not interested in installing a list of previous versions to do the debugging. This problem is occurring for a bunch of users, not just me. Might have something to do with groups but all I can suggest is some debugging logging to get to the bottom of it.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Couple of things. No company people are in the forum - just users. So in the spirit of camaraderie and goodwill, I offered a suggestion to get to the bottom of it. If you want help troubleshooting an issue, the good folks here are willing to help. You can always open a support ticket if the help here doesn't meet your needs.

I heard a tip that might be helpful. No one can see what you're looking at so posting images and steps to reproduce would greatly improve the outcome. You might recall that you were asked to post images so that folks could get an idea of the issue, yet none. I think Jerry McGuire said it best (shrug).
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.