New user recording issue - figured it out finally

VictorM

New user recording issue - figured it out finally

Post by VictorM »

Hello, I ran the reset all cmd file after not being able to get the program running the way I thought it should. Reading a good bit of instructions did not help So, After running the reset program I added a camera it showed up correctly and I press record. Let the program run record for the default 30 sec and it stops recording. All is good.

Here is the problem: When I press record again...did not touch anything else...it does not create a new video it records over the previous video.

I thought maybe a corruption in the database so I did run the delete regenerate database. I closed the program and go back in press record and it still records over the same.

There is something simple I"m missing and can't seem to figure it out in the instructions.

Please help. Thank you ahead of time.

Victor

So I figured out it has to do with the cut video options in the recording tab. The program was not overwriting the video it was adding to it....so unchecking the cut video options it now records each trigger separetely
IAmATeaf

Re: New user recording issue - figured it out finally

Post by IAmATeaf »

Are you sure you really want to do that? You’ll end up with hundreds of tiny clip video files per day.

I have mine set to 1hr which means I end up with at least 24 files per day. Makes looking through and scrubbing through video easier as you simply pick the hour.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

IAmATeaf wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:38 amI have mine set to 1hr which means I end up with at least 24 files per day. Makes looking through and scrubbing through video easier as you simply pick the hour.
Hmmmm, I Like that idea.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

An ssue will smaller 'Cut' recordings...

...When viewing/scrubbing the timeline in 'Export' mode (that's the mode with the Start and End frame markers), you can only scrub within that cut recording. Which means, if you want to export over 2 or more cut records, you'll need to export them separately. Then use some video editing pgm to produce them in one piece.

I use a cut recording of 24 hours. I haven't had any issues. And, exporting is easier - as long as it's not over midnight.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

This ↓
MikeBwca wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:18 am An ssue will smaller 'Cut' recordings...

...When viewing/scrubbing the timeline in 'Export' mode (that's the mode with the Start and End frame markers), you can only scrub within that cut recording. Which means, if you want to export over 2 or more cut records, you'll need to export them separately. Then use some video editing pgm to produce them in one piece.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

This?

Did I make a mistake (other than missed letters)?

HeneryH wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:06 am This ↓
MikeBwca wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:18 am An ssue will smaller 'Cut' recordings...

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:15 am Did I make a mistake (other than missed letters)?
Nope, I was just trying to add emphasis/support to your post. I have run into the scenario you pointed out and was very frustrated by it.