BI 5 wont open after fresh download

stewbacca

BI 5 wont open after fresh download

Post by stewbacca »

Hi all,
I recently was gifted a PC that previously ran BI. It was factory restored when given to me so I wanted to try BI my self. I tried running BI5 but after creating window it disappears and never opens... I reinstalled the older version and that appears to run no problem..

Is there something in my settings or possibly my hardware that could cause BI5 not to run?

Hardware is an HP envy with an Intel Core I7-6700k, Nvidia GeForce GTX960, 16GB RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thixotropic

Re: BI 5 wont open after fresh download

Post by Thixotropic »

Which version fails and which version runs?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
jawz

Post by jawz »

I'm having the exact same issue. Did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and a fresh install of BI 5 and it crashes at the same time as you. Event viewer shows me that there is a fault with ucrtbase.dll. Tried re installing Windows 10 Pro a second time and nothing changes. As far as I can tell I've gone through and got every driver updated. BI 5 is the first program I am installing after Chrome.

I learned that I can temporarily fix the problem if I disable the internet, either through windows or by simply disconnecting the cable. If I do this the program opens without issue but as soon as I enable the internet again it will crash almost immediately. Now that I can open the program I will attempt to tinker with settings inside the program.

Try this yourself and see if you are able to open it this way. Hopefully we can find a solution soon.

Event viewer log:

Code: Select all

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.5.3.1, time stamp: 0x6196ba5b
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000071208
Faulting process id: 0xb54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7dee85bc0773e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: f4ffa392-ff7f-42be-becd-256f5a9d3a0a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
jawz

Post by jawz »

Ok I think I managed to fix it by disabling the internet and rolling back the version. Interestingly, when I first opened the program AFTER the rollback I got a prompt to allow BI through the Firewall. I never had this popup before on the fresh installs but maybe this is because BI was crashing before it reached that point. Here is what I did:
  1. Download an old version from Blue Iris Updates (64 bit). I randomly chose 5.4.4.2.
  2. Disable internet.
  3. Open Blue Iris 5
  4. From file explorer run the old version download to roll back BI to the previous version.
  5. After this I was able to enable the internet and run the program without it crashing. I was also able to update to the most current version.
Everything seems to be working so far. I will report back if there are more issues.
stewbacca

Post by stewbacca »

Awesome!!! thanks Jawz!!!

I decided to go roll back each version and see where it broke..

Looks like 5.5.3.0 opens up to roll it back.... then I was able to bring it back up to 5.5.3.2 and it opened right back up.

Ill try a reboot and see if it opens back up still and get back to you (gotta run some errands so it might be a bit until i can do it)
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

As far I know if you guys are having problems with 5.5.3.1 then that was pulled shortly after being made available.
Hackencrash

Post by Hackencrash »

I have exactly the same problem.

Did all the usual things like sfc /scannow, deleted HKLM and HKCU Blue Iris registry, checked drivers and OS updates, etc. all fine.

Uninstalled Blue Iris completely (with registry) and reinstalled - still quits with ucrtbase.dll error straight after "Creating Window..." is displayed on the Blue Iris splash screen.

Pulled network cable and starts up successfully, but quits as soon as I plug it in again.

Cannot find the link to install an old version on the main blueirissoftware.com site anywhere so I still have this problem with v5.5.3.1. Just downloaded version v5.5.3.4 but it's telling me another version is installed. This should upgrade, so there's something wrong with the installer.
Hackencrash

Post by Hackencrash »

OK, I just downloaded and installed version 5.4.9.18 from the link below:

https://ipcamtalk.com/downloads/blue-ir ... 1/download

I then let it automatically upgrade to v5.5.3.4, imported my registry and my C:/Blueiris folder back, etc. and all seems to be working perfectly now.
kiwinzl

Post by kiwinzl »

Very frustrating issue which I can't seem to resolve where BlueIris crashes for no reason I can determine. Latest error with BlueIris 5.5.5.2;

Code: Select all

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.5.5.2, time stamp: 0x61fffd40
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1503, time stamp: 0xb2acaea9
Exception code: 0xc0000002
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x1ca8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d81b95f1dee949
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f592af5e-e7b0-4897-9cba-8cdafaa8bf98
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Previous errors seen also pertain to UCRTBASE.DLL, and GDIPLUS.DLL, all Windows 10 OS system files (21H2 19044.1503 being my current build).

I've re-installed BI, updated all drivers and OS.