BI and deepstack on different windows computers

xDoomsdayx

BI and deepstack on different windows computers

Post by xDoomsdayx »

OK it doesn't appear to be working. Here is what I am getting so far:

I have BI on one machine and deepstack on a separate machine (all windows machines).

I launch deepstack through powershell with the command
deepstack --VISION-DETECTION True --PORT 83

It starts, Blue Iris machine can see the welcome screen, blue iris is set to use that machine for deepstack.

Here is my issues:

BI gets a detection, Log file created says this:
0 11/17/2021 10:40:32.597 AM Cam1 DeepStack: Alert cancelled [DeepStack: -1] 38ms

I have BI set to process 5 images, analyze one each: 1 sec

Watching the powershell window on the other machine, I see (ip hidden):
[GIN] 2021/11/17 - 10:40:33 |←[90;43m 403 ←[0m| 8.3081ms | 192.168.x.x |←[97;46m POST ←[0m “/v1/vision/detection”

So, It appears they are talking to each other but deepstack doesn’t appear to be processing anything that I can see. Every alert gets cancelled. I just had a delivery driver show up In a car even and stood in front of that camera for a couple minutes, all alerts cancelled.

Any ideas why this isn’t working?
xDoomsdayx

Re: BI and deepstack on different windows computers

Post by xDoomsdayx »

So no ideas? I still can't get this working for me yet.
xDoomsdayx

Post by xDoomsdayx »

230 views and I believe everyone was as stumped as me lol.

OK, After almost a month of fiddling, Ken from BI gave me a command line to start deepstack.
Ive tried each of these on their own before with the same results of 403. However this string got me running
-VISION-SCENE=False -VISION-DETECTION=True -VISION-FACE=True -ADMIN-KEY= -API-KEY= -PORT=80

I can only assume its the admin key that is now allowing it to work. All documentation I have seen really doesn't mention having to use -Admin-Key= but I think it must default to something which was blocking the requests coming in. Now logs are showing 200 and its detecting properly! In fact, I been using sentry for a really long time and lately for me, it was just letting crap tons of false positives going through saying it detected a person or a car when absolutely nothing was there. Just a little fiddling with deepstack and Ive seen huge improvements in detections. I'm sure I will have to tweak things here and there but dang, so far so good on day 1 of it working. Its been kinda rainy today with some sun so I guess I need to wait till full sun, clouds and lots of wind to see if deepstack can handle those changes.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

xDoomsdayx wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:30 am OK, After almost a month of fiddling, Ken from BI gave me a command line to start deepstack.
Ive tried each of these on their own before with the same results of 403. However this string got me running
-VISION-SCENE=False -VISION-DETECTION=True -VISION-FACE=True -ADMIN-KEY= -API-KEY= -PORT=80
In your OP you were using a different port:
API-KEY and ADMIN-KEY are blank - not specified. So the way I read it, you had Deepstack using the wrong port. Not saying I'm right, just how I see it.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
xDoomsdayx

Post by xDoomsdayx »

YrbkMgr wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:51 am
xDoomsdayx wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:30 am OK, After almost a month of fiddling, Ken from BI gave me a command line to start deepstack.
In your OP you were using a different port:
API-KEY and ADMIN-KEY are blank - not specified. So the way I read it, you had Deepstack using the wrong port. Not saying I'm right, just how I see it.
And I'm still using a different port. I'm still using port 83. That was just a command line given, I changed the port after I got it.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Ah. Sorry. You didn't mention that so it seemed a likely culprit. Still the ADMIN and API key's in the command are blank so I can't imagine the Admin key being the thing that freed up the logjam as it were. There is information about those two keys in the deepstack documentation on their site. Might be worth checking into.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.