Add more than 64 cameras in one installation

meneses1180

Post by meneses1180 »

Good evening, everyone.
I have 1 BI license for 64 cameras, but I need to add about 500 on a PC (XEON server of 4 processors plus 1 NAS server with 400 TB on disk)
I would not like to have 8 servers to be able to handle my cameras. Is it possible to add 436 additional cameras to BI?
MikeBwca

Re: Add more than 64 cameras in one installation

Post by MikeBwca »

No. Contact BI Support. Perhaps they can link BI servers together.
aesterling

Post by aesterling »

Wow, that’s a lot of cameras. What is the use-case, out of curiosity?
Last edited by aesterling on Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

And what does a user do with that many feeds? It isn't practical to look at that many. Even with alerts it would be overwhelming.
jondwalters

Post by jondwalters »

Is it possible to pull a loaded train with a pickup truck?

I ask this question because it's similar to what you're asking. You're asking to do something that is FAR outside of what Blue Iris was designed to do.

That being said, you have two options. You can play within the 64-camera limit and run multiple servers (physical or virtual). It wouldn't hurt to contact support. Maybe they have something in development that you could help with but I doubt it. The other option is to look at enterprise VMS solutions that are designed to handle 500 cameras such as Avigilon. Yes, you're going to pay WAY more for the software and licensing, but it's designed to do what you're trying to do. You will probably also be using multiple servers. Also, don't forget to include the network infrastructure needed to power the cameras and transport their data. You're playing in the big leagues with this setup...expect to pay accordingly.