New to BI

carbonatom13

New to BI

Post by carbonatom13 »

Evening All,

So i've slowly been getting into home security cameras over the past year and almost immediately found recommendations for BI. Finally purchased BI5 this weekend and i've got a few questions to start:

1. Is there some type of beginners user guide for setup? I've tried searching this forum, but can't find a basic starting guide.
2. The couple cameras I have a currently on Reolink's software. Do I have to remove them from there before adding to BI?
3. Do you need to configure your router to ensure a POE camera has a static IP before linking to BI?

I'm decently versed in home networking basics, but still learning as i go. I'm running an Elitedesk i7-6700 that i picked up refurbished and currently have 2 Reolink cameras (1 POE and 1 WIFI).

Thanks in advance!

C13
spammenotinoz

Re: New to BI

Post by spammenotinoz »

carbonatom13 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:53 am Evening All,

So i've slowly been getting into home security cameras over the past year and almost immediately found recommendations for BI. Finally purchased BI5 this weekend and i've got a few questions to start:

1. Is there some type of beginners user guide for setup? I've tried searching this forum, but can't find a basic starting guide.
2. The couple cameras I have a currently on Reolink's software. Do I have to remove them from there before adding to BI?
3. Do you need to configure your router to ensure a POE camera has a static IP before linking to BI?

I'm decently versed in home networking basics, but still learning as i go. I'm running an Elitedesk i7-6700 that i picked up refurbished and currently have 2 Reolink cameras (1 POE and 1 WIFI).

Thanks in advance!

C13
1. Sorry don't know about this, I found the default help quite intuitive.
2. I have had reolink camera's on both (during testing), but wouldn't recommend this long-term. It depends on the exact camera, but some have limited streams.
3. You should, otherwise after a power outage, the CAM's could have different IP's and not be known to BI. Also allows you to firewall them off, if required. But not required for testing.