Deepstack

Tommyt57

Deepstack

Post by Tommyt57 »

Have been using Blue Iris for about 4 years and still learning how to use it today. Blue Iris is a big step above a DVR for alert management. But my cameras handle false alerts much better than BI did. Then Deepstack came along. Really changed how BI manages alerts. Helped... Not fixed.

I've only configured Deepstack on 2 cameras. One, captures cars passing by my house. I've been noticing that BI has been capturing cars going by and Deepstack looks at them and the log shows "Alert, nothing found." I've tried to change the settings (min confidence.) No change.

Good chance this is just user error…. Overall… My Dahua camera does a better job of managing false alarms than BI. BI handles clip and timeline better.. So, it’s a tossup for me. I have to view BI AND my camera to get valid alerts.

Here are my settings… Any suggestions on change would be appreciated.
Attachments
Deepstack.jpg
Deepstack.jpg (199.28 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
Missing_Alerts2.jpg
Missing_Alerts2.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
Judman13

Re: Deepstack

Post by Judman13 »

Deepstack can struggle at night. Your example image is a tough scenario. There is a dark image dataset https://github.com/OlafenwaMoses/DeepStack_ExDark you could integrate into Deepstack that might improve your performance.

You could also get really froggy and train a custom model yourself based on images from your cameras! https://docs.deepstack.cc/custom-models/index.html
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

BI is really just detecting blobs of pixels of the size you select moving a distance that is selectable (or crossing boundaries that you select) so keep that in mind when comparing BI detection to other detection methods.
Tommyt57

Post by Tommyt57 »

Thanks for the help... Support also says that night time is hard on Deepstack too.. They told me to buy color cameras..... That won't work unless you have lots of light.