5.4.9.18 to 5.5.1.16 Broke Everything?

crazyhamsales

5.4.9.18 to 5.5.1.16 Broke Everything?

Post by crazyhamsales »

I don't know what the issue is but currently on 5.4.9.18 and noticed there was an update available, i updated to 5.5.1.16 and then everything just broke. Viewing the cameras via a browser UI3 all the cameras had blue bars on the top of them with the channel name and they were all weirdly spaced with big gaps between them when going to full screen. Tried a bunch of stuff but couldn't fix them, in the settings in UI3 i disabled everything that mentioned the channel names etc, but those bars are still there.

Worst part is all the cameras went super slow, skipping 15-20 seconds worth of frames randomly, live view was delayed as much as 30 seconds, and when viewing two cameras that shoot towards the same street i could see a car go by on one camera and never see it go by on the other camera, due to the dropped frames. Tried everything but couldn't get it back to normal, CPU usage was still low, around 7-8%, so not sure what the heck was going on with this new version.

I rolled it back to 5.4.9.18 and everything went back to normal, no lag on the live view, no skipped frames, CPU usage dropped a slight amount averages 6-7% with the 15 cameras i have running.

Any idea what the deal is with 5.5.1.16??
Tommyt57

Re: 5.4.9.18 to 5.5.1.16 Broke Everything?

Post by Tommyt57 »

I have the same issues and reported it to support. Was told I was the only one that reported this issue. Same as you, I can downgrade back to 5.4 and ALL problems go away...... BI needs to admit to the issue and resolve it.

5.4.8.19 is solid.... 5.5 is a mess......
TimG

Post by TimG »

How exciting. Updating...

Nothing to report. v5.5.1.16 working normally here. That's a weird one.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
crazyhamsales

Post by crazyhamsales »

Yeah not sure whats going on, i manage six different systems running BI, and i updated them all one day, and one by one they all went to crap. I rolled my personal one back to 5.4.9.18 and everything has been fine since then. Sorry i haven't been back in almost a month but got busy, however i can say after rolling all systems back to 5.4.9.18 everything has been ROCK SOLID again. I see theres a later version available now then the one i originally updated to, when i get time i might try it on my personal system, but its hard to justify messing everything up again just to roll it back again.

My system has 15 cameras, the other ones i take care of are as low as 4 cameras and high as 26 cameras with everything inbetween. Even the system with 4 cameras running an I7-7700 and 32gb of RAM, which should be more then overkill for four measly cameras which is why that system was just put together with spare parts to keep it cheap for the owner, was having major issues, same thing i was seeing with 15 cameras, skipped frames, long pauses in the video, motion being missed and not recorded. I rolled it back and everything just started working again on its own like it has been for the last three years its been running. So i am really stumped what is breaking things beyond 5.4.9.18 but for the time being i will just ignore the updates.