Am I the only one who would like Hotkeys for camera groups?

TopRamen

Am I the only one who would like Hotkeys for camera groups?

Post by TopRamen »

I have a Blue Iris install with over 60 cameras, organized in 5 groups. I use an X-Keys keypad to "hot punch" to different cameras and watch them live. I would LOVE IT if there was a way to assign a hotkey to each group. Is there any macro code that would allow for this?

Is there any appetite for this sort of thing or am I the only one? If there's more of an appetite, I would love it if we could persuade developers to add this.
MikeBwca

Re: Am I the only one who would like Hotkeys for camera groups?

Post by MikeBwca »

Hotkey for groups is a good idea. Why not send a request to BI support?
aesterling

Post by aesterling »

Agreed. Seems like a useful feature that should be relatively easy to implement. I’ve requested new keyboard shortcuts in the past and they got added quickly. Worth an email to support!
gasahold

Post by gasahold »

Yep, I want to see that. I switch groups a lot so I wrote an HTA app with buttons that make curl calls to change groups. Here is a single line example: curl.exe http://192.168.1.xxx:xx/admin?console=Yard".
TopRamen

Post by TopRamen »

Just heard back from support. It was already added in a 5.5 release. Click the gear icon next to the group dropdown once you've selected the group you want to create a shortcut for, and bottom left of the screen should have a button for keyboard hotkey.

How refreshing to have developers who are so responsive to their users!