2 Day 24/7 Recording + Motion Clips

thedead69

2 Day 24/7 Recording + Motion Clips

Post by thedead69 »

Hi All,

I have a few cameras and looking to get 24/7 recording for 2 days plus the existing motion clips. I don't have a dual stream camera, only single stream but have enough space to store the higher rez clips. How can I do this?
TimG

Re: 2 Day 24/7 Recording + Motion Clips

Post by TimG »

Too many permuations exist to try to answer that !

Clearly you need BI5, so are you asking how much hard drive space you will need ? If so this may give you an idea:

https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/help/calculator/
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
thedead69

Post by thedead69 »

Sorry - I had a family emergency to attend and couldn't reply.

Currently I have clips being recorded when motion is detected, and they are working pretty well.

I'm also looking to record ALL video from the cameras and hold it for two days. After that they can be discarded.

I have BI5 and enough space, it's more how to I setup clips & 24/7 recording in BI5.
TimG

Post by TimG »

For some of my cameras, I have 24/7 recording, and motion trigger Alerts. If that is what you mean, the camera settings are:

Trigger: Motion detection is set up as required.
Record: Video = continuous.
Alerts: Fire When = This camera is triggered.

The 48 hour retention would be set up in Main settings/ Clips and archiving. If you only need 48 hours, then I would only use the New folder, and "Limit clip age" to 48 hours.

This gives me Alert clips in UI3 (Set it to "Alerts", not "All Clips"), and all of the main clips too.

Is that what you are after ? Or do you want to keep the detection alerts even after the 48 hour deletion ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
thedead69

Post by thedead69 »

Thank you! I will try setting recording to continuous and monitoring clips to ensure they are also saved.

To your question "Or do you want to keep the detection alerts even after the 48 hour deletion ?"

Yes. I would like to keep alerts for 14 days ideally while the continuous recording for 2 days only. Is that possible?