Gmail rejects alert

cmccarter

Gmail rejects alert

Post by cmccarter »

Gmail is rejecting my email alerts saying "that they do not meet their security standards"
TimG

Re: Gmail rejects alert

Post by TimG »

I seem to remember having that issue a couple of years ago with Homeseer and Gmail. I think Gmail had upped their security, so the only way around that at the time was to reduce it in Gmail settings back to the old level :o
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Yes, and if you send too many alerts (like when motion goes bonkers dur to wind before you catch it) GMail will lock you account for 24 hours.

I switched to a different email service to send email/sms to my Gmail account. No problems now.
pilot2

Post by pilot2 »

Gmail no longer allows you to use your Gmail password outside of Gmail itself. You need to get an "app password" to use for sending gmail emails from Blue Iris. Once you do that all works well. Google "gmail app password" for directions on how to get one.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Nice find pilot2 :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Tommyt57

Post by Tommyt57 »

If you only use the email address for BI... You can lower the security settings on the account too. But the app password is probably the best route. I ran into this a few months ago and just lowered the security on the email account as its only used for BI alerts.