recording video with motion highlights and rectangles

tlex

recording video with motion highlights and rectangles

Post by tlex »

Hi,

I do have an issue were motion triggers for no obvious reasons on exterior cameras... Maybe wind, sun or whatever garden gnomes...
I know we can see live how motion detection does it's work but I was wondering if there's a way to actually save those highlights and rectangles to the actual motion footage in order to better adjust it based on previous alerts ?

Thanks
MikeBwca

Re: recording video with motion highlights and rectangles

Post by MikeBwca »

In the clip list, it will show the rectangle that caused the motion to trigger. You may have to click the '+' to increase the size to see the clips better.

Your most likely recording direct-to-disc. If you want to see the rectangles in the recordings, change to 'Re-Encode'.
tlex

Post by tlex »

Thank you very much ! Yes indeed I record in direct to disk to save on cpu.
Also, I was wondering if there was any better way to avoid triggering motion detection when the ptz on a specific camera is activated than using "object size exceeds" under objects detection ?
Is there any option where BI would stop motion detection when ptz (used via BI obviously) is used ? Or maybe whenever a ptz is used, enable a specific profile or something ?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi tlex,

The help file states that motion detection is suspended during ptz operation, and for 1.5 seconds afterwards. What are you seeing with your camera ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

tlex wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am Thank you very much ! Yes indeed I record in direct to disk to save on cpu.
Also, I was wondering if there was any better way to avoid triggering motion detection when the ptz on a specific camera is activated than using "object size exceeds" under objects detection ?
Is there any option where BI would stop motion detection when ptz (used via BI obviously) is used ? Or maybe whenever a ptz is used, enable a specific profile or something ?
You can set motion detection zones for each ptz (if you want). This was, when you move a camera using the ptz buttons, it will not detect motion in areas you don;t want.

In the cameras properties, go to the 'PTZ/Control' tab. Then 'Edit Presets'. Check & edit the 'Override motion zones'.
tlex

Post by tlex »

MikeBwca wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:09 am
tlex wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am Thank you very much ! Yes indeed I record in direct to disk to save on cpu.
You can set motion detection zones for each ptz (if you want). This was, when you move a camera using the ptz buttons, it will not detect motion in areas you don;t want.

In the cameras properties, go to the 'PTZ/Control' tab. Then 'Edit Presets'. Check & edit the 'Override motion zones'.
Super !!! Thanks !