250G limit on clip storage?

matadoor1

250G limit on clip storage?

Post by matadoor1 »

I actually sent this as a ? to support, but I became a member here today and thought, yeah, let's ask the really dumb question right away!

I had this in 4, and upon upgrading today, still there. I changed out an internal SATA drive today that I use as my storage drive, with my main OS and DB on another internal 300G M.2 drive. The storage drive was a 300Giger, so when the clips storage shows on the main screen as 250G, I really didn't think much of it, but once I switched over to a 500 gigger, I knew I had way more room.

I selected the regen database feature, which didn't change the total available. When you look at the events log, any time I delete a file it shows the available capacity as 465G but that 250G on the bottom never changes.

I know, it's something stupid, but anyone?

Thanks!

Glenn
TimG

Re: 250G limit on clip storage?

Post by TimG »

Hi matadoor1,

Have a look in general settings/ Clips and archiving, and click on the "Stored" folder on the bottom left. Is the "Stored" drive set to limit size to 250GB ?

That would do it !

Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
matadoor1

Post by matadoor1 »

TimG wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:00 pm Hi matadoor1,

Have a look in general settings/ Clips and archiving, and click on the "Stored" folder on the bottom left. Is the "Stored" drive set to limit size to 250GB ?

That would do it !

Tim
So, thank you. After all these years I finally see what that number is. It adds up the total of the "New", "Stored", and "Alert" folders total capacity. I ASSumed (if you are old enough you will recall why I did that) that there would be a total available space selection, but upon reading this and then playing with those different numbers, I was able to change the total, but now I also will be able to tweak each of those as needed.

I told you it was a stupid question!

:)

Thanks!

Glenn
TimG

Post by TimG »

There's no such thing as a stupid question. It's just something you don't know yet :lol:

And with BI, we are ALL learning !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.