New DeepStack September Update Version 2021.09.1

MikeLud

New DeepStack September Update Version 2021.09.1

Post by MikeLud »

aesterling

Re: New DeepStack September Update Version 2021.09.1

Post by aesterling »

Thanks for posting. I usually don’t hear about their new releases until I visit the forum a few months later. I’ll have to get it installed and try it out!
stuntflyer

Post by stuntflyer »

Um, I just tried to download and install that latest version of Deepstack on two different systems here. Running Windows Ent LTSC (which I use on all my installs and have never had any issues with DS before).

On both install attempts (two different systems) both the Windows and Avira antivirus are triggering on the install. Both are complaining about a file (or known virus signature) named HEUR/AGEN.1144759. This seems to be associated with the deepstack.exe and the server.exe executables. Needless to say the install of DS fails.
avira quarn.PNG
avira quarn.PNG (90.98 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
Anyone else encountering this or am I just having a really bad day today?

Look forward to some feedback on this.

Thanks
BI latest versions at numerous sites on both Intel and AMD platforms.
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

stuntflyer ,

Since the files are so new the AV is detecting as a virus. I am using Norton AV and had to let Norton know that the files are ok to install.

Mike
stuntflyer

Post by stuntflyer »

Thanks for getting back so fast Mike. OK will turn off AV and rerun install. Just wanted to make sure this was not some virus signature it was triggering on.
stuntflyer

Post by stuntflyer »

Hmmm

Tried turning off my AV and running the install as Administrator and I am getting another Error

C:\DeepStack\deepstack.exe
An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

Also deleted the file from quarantine in case that was causing the issue.
stuntflyer

Post by stuntflyer »

The first install attempt with AV on seems to have left the original DS install directory in some weird permissions state, because I wound up with the above-described error after turning off the AV and re-running the install.

So, I powered off the computer, rebooted, turned off AV again, then I was able to successfully delete the original DeepStack dir, and re-ran the installer as Administrator and it installed fine that time.

So, seems like my woes were all related to the Antivirus interfering as mentioned above. The AV must have added some sort of lock on the directory that prevented the installer (and me) from deleting the old install that failed due to the AV.

Steve
stuntflyer

Post by stuntflyer »

MikeLud wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:35 pm stuntflyer ,

Since the files are so new the AV is detecting as a virus. I am using Norton AV and had to let Norton know that the files are ok to install.

Mike
Mike

I did manage to get the latest DS finally installed and working, however, it seems Deepstack is tripping off the AV software I am using (Avira) every time the DS server.exe is invoked. Anything specific I need to tell the folks at Avira so they can update their signatures and stop this from happening, or is that something you have to do?

Thanks
Steve
coolspot

Post by coolspot »

Do you have to use a specific version of DeepStack with Blue Iris, or will the latest releases work as well?
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

coolspot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:53 pm Do you have to use a specific version of DeepStack with Blue Iris, or will the latest releases work as well?
For Blue Iris to work with DeepStack 2022.01.1 you need to be on Blue Iris 5.5.5.1 that was released today