Camera in new window issue

IainR

Camera in new window issue

Post by IainR »

I have been running Blueiris for a number of years and on the live setup I am currently running V4. I have bought a new machine to run the CCTV service and I am trying the demo version of V5.

I exported my settings from V4 and imported to V5 but this did odd things to the screen layout. When I tried to adjust the layout by moving one camera it opened it as a second window and I cannot get it back into the main display. I have right-clicked on the second window and it does not provide any helpful options. I have tried closing the second window but I can't. What have I done wrong?

The current live setup is on Windows7 and I am having a bit of a fight with the new Windows10 Pro build so more questions may follow unless a guide is available somewhere covering the Blueiris migration or ideal W10 configuration. At the moment I am struggling with autologin, user accounts, power saving, SMB1 mounts etc.

Thanks
Iain
IainR

Re: Camera in new window issue

Post by IainR »

I believe I have found the solution. In the edit layout option I found a right click option called "Open group in desktop frame". When I clicked on that the 2nd window disappeared and this option then become greyed out.

Great news except I have hit anyother major oddity. All my cameras are lagging and displaying different times, some are two minutes behind. The new computer is flagging 2% RAM usage and 645M, when I switch back to my old Windows 7 machine running at CPU 99% and BI 4, I do not get the lagging issue. Can anyone provide any pointers?
TimG

Post by TimG »

I would usually look at the key frame rate for lagging, but they don't lag on the old server ? Should be between 0.5 and 1 in BI5 "Blue Iris Status"/Cameras for each camera.

Did you licence BI5 yet, as I don't think you can do D2D with the demo. That might slug it.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IainR

Post by IainR »

I have not licenced BI5 yet, still not certain if I want to go with BI5 on the new machine or stick with my licensed copy of BI4.

I may have found the issue with the lagging which appears to be associated with storage. I use an oldish WD Mycloud Mirror as a NAS which runs SMB1. As such, I had to switch on SMB1 client on the new Windows 10 build. The current live Windows 7 installation is great, you can reboot the NAS or it can be slow from other processing and it does not impact BI at all. I not sure if Window 7 or BI4 caches the storage enabling this to happen. The new installation on Windows 10/BI5 is not like that and even a small hit on NAS performance is reflected in lagging with BI. I have not tried rebooting the NAS with it running although I suspect that would cause major issues.

I am not sure if this is a BI5 or Windows 10 issue, either way I am a bit stuck