iOS App No Longer Streams Cameras After Upgrade to 5.5.1.4

ziptbm

iOS App No Longer Streams Cameras After Upgrade to 5.5.1.4

Post by ziptbm »

Upgraded this morning to 5.5.1.4 and my iOS app no longer streams camera feeds. I can see the alerts and play clips, but if I tap into any of the 6 streams that I have, it spins for awhile and then reads "Signal lost, retrying..." Signal is fine as I can stream to any other device and via UI3 without issue, but it appears the only fault is the iOS app. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled the iOS app, rebooted the server and mobile device, and ensured remote connectivity is working. Any ideas on what's going on?

EDIT - downgraded to 5.4.9.x and the same issue happens on this device (iPhone 13 Pro Max). However, my iPad and another iPhone stream fine. So it's isolated to one device, despite uinstall/reinstall of the app. What would prevent Blue Iris from being able to stream individual cameras to one device?
TheUsualSuspect

Re: iOS App No Longer Streams Cameras After Upgrade to 5.5.1.4

Post by TheUsualSuspect »

I wanted to add that I have the same issues/symptoms. I'm running an windows server 5.5.1.6 x64 and Android App. 3.0.35. I can connect remotely via the web and UI3. The app is logging in and talking to the server as I see my cameras, triggered events, uptime, etc. However, I get no live streams and am unable to play back saved videos through the app. Any hints would be appreciated.

Edit: For grins I turned off wifi at work to force a cellular connection. The cameras started working. This tells me my work is doing something funky to block video access through the app. Will try the app through other wifi connections and see if this is work-specific.

Another edit: This was a coincidence. I am again just getting the loading spinning circle indicator in the app now whatever network I use. Still, the one-time that it works means there is just something glitchy with using the app remotely.
TheUsualSuspect

Re: iOS App No Longer Streams Cameras After Upgrade to 5.5.1.4

Post by TheUsualSuspect »

I'm going to answer my own question for those who are having issues seeing video remotely through the Android App. There is some problem with the ATT 5286A router. If you put your Blue Iris Server in DMZ Plus mode everything works. This is a the same problem that this router has with VPNs. Even if you set up port forwarding correctly and do NAT, the router is blocking something. If someone figures out how to fix this without the DMZ configuration, please let me know.