2-Way Audio Does Not Work

ioio

2-Way Audio Does Not Work

Post by ioio »

Hi,

I have recently bought from Amazon a 2-way PTZ camera with 30x optical zoom and H.265+ compression, among other specs (Outdoor 5MP PTZ IP POE Dome Security Camera 30x Optical Zoom Pan Tilt 250FT IR Night Vision Motion Detection Remote View RTSP Audio Support 4.5inch).
Also I intend to purchase the full package of Blue Iris in order to move up from my existing QNAP Surveillance Station and QVR Pro NVR applications, which are not fully developed yet, and full of bugs. Currently I have 11 days left of Blue Iris release 5.5.0.15 x64 (2021-09-22) Demo version.
My problem is that the "audio receiving" part of this camera does not work with Blue Iris. Indeed, when holding down the green microphone icon, the mike's audio is "played from the PC’s speakers instead" of the camera's loudspeaker, as mentioned in Blue Iris "Help - Audio Settings - Talk" page.
The camera's User Guide says: "this camera works with ONVIF standard" and the Blue Iris "Find/Inspect" function detects it as "Generic/ONVIF".
However, the 2-way audio works fine when using the internal HTTP web server with IE browser (and the ActiveX installed).

Due to technical limitations of this forum website I cannot attach even a 226 KB jpg file. If there is another better technology we could use to communicate, please let me know.

Please, could anybody help with this 2-way audio issue, including an advice on how to upload some printshots of about 2 MB ?
Thank you
Attachments
Two-way Audio 04.png
Two-way Audio 04.png (52.15 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
Two-way Audio 03.png
Two-way Audio 03.png (41.89 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
Two-way Audio 01.jpg
Two-way Audio 01.jpg (81.84 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
MikeBwca

Re: 2-Way Audio Does Not Work

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ioio

Post by ioio »

Thanks for your lightening response!...
I have 11 printshots of 2 MB all. I'll try to post them if I can...
It looks it allows me only 3 files at a time:
Attachments
Two-way Audio 02.png
Two-way Audio 02.png (39.15 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
Two-way Audio 05.png
Two-way Audio 05.png (47.24 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
Two-way Audio 06.png
Two-way Audio 06.png (32.74 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
ioio

Post by ioio »

...and the BI Status and camera's audio settings:
Attachments
Two-way Audio 07.png
Two-way Audio 07.png (32.49 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
Two-way Audio 10.png
Two-way Audio 10.png (66.42 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
Two-way Audio 11.png
Two-way Audio 11.png (66.72 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
ioio

Post by ioio »

...and tis the user:
Attachments
Two-way Audio 07c.png
Two-way Audio 07c.png (69.25 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
ioio

Post by ioio »

One item that I need to mention is that regardless if I check the "Setup RTSP back-channel for talk support (PCM-U format)" on and save, the checkbox unchecks itself eventually. I believe the "U" stands for "Un-signed" but I'm not sure... It's on the "Network IP camera configuration" page. Any idea?...
smokingcatnip

Post by smokingcatnip »

Ever get this working?

The two-way audio on my Hosafe camera also doesn't work in ONVIF mode. (The sound actually comes out my PC speakers, which is weird as hell.)

Changing the audio stream from a to u and/or enabling the RTSP talkback also reverts itself every time, as you mentioned.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

smokingcatnip wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:33 am Ever get this working?

The two-way audio on my Hosafe camera also doesn't work in ONVIF mode. (The sound actually comes out my PC speakers, which is weird as hell.)

Changing the audio stream from a to u and/or enabling the RTSP talkback also reverts itself every time, as you mentioned.
Check out the Troubleshooting Toolkit
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
Fred0815

Post by Fred0815 »

Did anybody get the talkback working?
I tried several cameras but none worked. Strange enough the sound comes from the PC speakers(!)
Cameras: TP-Link Tapo C200, C225, Tenda CG3, Reolink E1 Pro

It is a pitty, without the 2way talk option I need to use the vendors app and cannot combine different brands and cannot use it on PC.

Is there ANY camera known working? Anything I may try on the existing cameras?

[No idea what the link to the troubleshooting toolkit is supposed to help]
bi555

Post by bi555 »

Fred0815 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:54 am Did anybody get the talkback working?
I tried several cameras but none worked. Strange enough the sound comes from the PC speakers(!)
Cameras: TP-Link Tapo C200, C225, Tenda CG3, Reolink E1 Pro

It is a pitty, without the 2way talk option I need to use the vendors app and cannot combine different brands and cannot use it on PC.

Is there ANY camera known working? Anything I may try on the existing cameras?

[No idea what the link to the troubleshooting toolkit is supposed to help]
It works with popular brands, foscam, dahua, hikvision...but even when it works its poor compared to native apps...you need to email support and provide access to you cameras if you want him to try to get it working....the mobile apps are really poor for two way talk...among other issues.