5.5.0.13 Display Configuration Issues

rmurfster

5.5.0.13 Display Configuration Issues

Post by rmurfster »

First, let me say that I really hate the new Layout option :(

The prior layout abilities were intuitive. The new Layout Option is very non-intuitive!

First -- No Undo Button!??

2nd -- I used to be able to SIMPLY drag a camera to change it's position in the Layout and it would become the larger or smaller one on the display. How do I do that now?

3rd -- When in full screen, I used to be able to change layouts and camera positions by just dragging them. Now, I have to
1. Exit full screen
2. Get into Layout configuration
3. Change the layout
4. Get out of config
5. Get back into full screen.

What used to be 1 step is now 5!

This is a huge step backwards in ease of the software.

I just reverted back to version 5.4.9.18 until these issues are resolved.
RRackham

Re: 5.5.0.13 Display Configuration Issues

Post by RRackham »

As a long term Blue Iris user (Since version 2) with 3 different registered copies I am absolutely amazed how much I dislike the new camera layout setup. I thought I would never stop using Blue Iris for our farm security systems, but I have stopped the updates (staying on 5.4.9.18) and have no plan to renew the subscriptions this year due to this issue. I will find new software to replace this old friend
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

RRackham wrote:As a long term Blue Iris user (Since version 2) with 3 different registered copies I am absolutely amazed how much I dislike the new camera layout setup. I thought I would never stop using Blue Iris for our farm security systems, but I have stopped the updates (staying on 5.4.9.18) and have no plan to renew the subscriptions this year due to this issue. I will find new software to replace this old friend
You really need to send a raise a ticket with support with examples of how in use it’s non intuitive.

For me I don’t tend to use the console and only access clips from my phone so not too much of a problem but when on my test system I played around with it I could get a layout I wanted as moving a cam around seems to move and resize other cams etc.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Personally I like the new feature. You can do everything you could do before plus more. Just give it time and read some, its fairly a easy process. I like the scaling option so no longer black fill areas between my cameras on the console :)
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

IAmATeaf wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:59 pm
RRackham wrote:As a long term Blue Iris user (Since version 2) with 3 different registered copies I am absolutely amazed how much I dislike the new camera layout setup. I thought I would never stop using Blue Iris for our farm security systems, but I have stopped the updates (staying on 5.4.9.18) and have no plan to renew the subscriptions this year due to this issue. I will find new software to replace this old friend
You really need to send a raise a ticket with support with examples of how in use it’s non intuitive.

For me I don’t tend to use the console and only access clips from my phone so not too much of a problem but when on my test system I played around with it I could get a layout I wanted as moving a cam around seems to move and resize other cams etc.
Great suggestion. I too struggle with the new layout edit. They need to make it more intuitive or more well documented.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.