Remote access via browser on LAN

MitchellWC

Remote access via browser on LAN

Post by MitchellWC »

My registered users are unable to log into blue iris from a different computer on the LAN.

Connecting to 192.168.0.x on a chrome browser, the inputted user name and password are returned as incorrect.

The previous admin account password has changed and I cannot for the life of me figure out how.

Anyone with some advice or forums I can read would be appreciated.

Thanks.
MitchellWC

Re: Remote access via browser on LAN

Post by MitchellWC »

I've actually found my issue logging in.

The passwords for certain cameras were different and connecting to 192.168.0.x had a different login from 192.168.0.y

I figured this out. On the computer running BI, by clicking a camera, going to camera settings, and showing the password associated with that IP. There are no "users" when logging in via LAN.

Which solved my issue, hopefully this helps anyone else in the future!
TimG

Re: Remote access via browser on LAN

Post by TimG »

Hi, it's unclear what you were trying to do here:

1. BI5 can only be directly accessed on the pc you have installed it on. If you purchase a second licence, you can link them together, but I don't think this is used by many of us, and it isn't a valid solution for multiple LAN users.
2. I use Splashtop on my LAN to remote in to the main BI5 pc if I need to change settings. Obviously Teamviewer etc can be used.
3. For other people to view video with a pc on the LAN I use UI3: <BI5 pc IP>:81/login.htm
4. There is no need for people to know the individual camera IP address or the user/pass for each camera, and they could cause havoc with the system if they changed camera settings.
5. UI3 logs in to the main BI5 pc (static) IP address. In my particular case, the camera LAN network is a separate LAN that only connects to the BI5 pc, so other pc's on the house LAN cannot directly view the cameras - and of course the cameras cannot phone home to the mothership.
6. The BI5 user credentials used for logging in to UI3 are those set up in the BI5 "User" tab.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.