Backup Blue Iris 5 Settings

reddawg

Backup Blue Iris 5 Settings

Post by reddawg » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:46 am

Title: BackupBI5v2.CMD (version 2.0)

What is BackupBI5v2.CMD?
========================
BackupBI5v2.CMD is a Windows batch file script that backs up all Blue Iris' settings stored in the Windows registry using REGEDIT.exe and renames it to include the version and {32/64} BIT architecture as part of the filename like 'Blueiris_v5.0.0.67_x64.reg'. This is the same as performing an Export Settings from within Blue Iris Settings -> About tab.

The advantage of using BackupBI5v2.CMD's REGEDIT method to backup Blue Iris 5 settings in the registry is that it works outside the Blue Iris 5 application, which make recovery easier in the event of a Blue Iris crash situation where you are locked out of the program. The other advantage is that the backup is in ascii text format so it is editable. In my case, after upgrading to Blue Iris 5, some settings in Blue Iris 5 still referenced the Blue Iris 4 folder. I was able to use NOTEPAD and do a search and replace on any references to Blue Iris 4 and change them to Blue Iris 5. Once I save the changes to the .REG file, all I had to do is double click on the REG file and it saved the changes to the Windows registry.

Blue Iris 5 stores its settings in the registry at the following locations:

64-bit App or Service: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software
32-bit App or Service: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software

Compatibility:

+ Windows 7
+ Windows 8/8.1
+ Windows 10

Download BackupBI5v2.zip or previous versions
=========================================
* BackupBI5v2.zip (Latest version) from https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jFJKH ... OB5Kzv0qqR

How to install BackupBI5v2.CMD
==============================

1. Unzip "BackupBI5v2.zip" to C:\. This will unpack BackupBI5v2.cmd and README.txt files to following directory:

C:\Bat

FYI: If you want to put BackupBI5v2.cmd in a different folder, you can.

2. To configure where you want BackupBI5v2.cmd to store its registry backups, open the batch file called
BackupBI5v2.CMD with notepad and just change the following line:

SET DEST=%USERPROFILE%\Desktop
Last edited by reddawg on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tinman

Re: Backup Blue Iris 5 Settings

Post by Tinman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 am

Thanks ! This will be handy

reddawg

Re: Backup Blue Iris 5 Settings

Post by reddawg » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:48 am

Sticky post bump.

Last bumped by reddawg on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:48 am.