Blue Iris 5.5.0.8 Update Dropping Connections

dcsang

Blue Iris 5.5.0.8 Update Dropping Connections

Post by dcsang »

This update is randomly dropping connection to my Reolink 511W cams, and restarting them from PTZ/Control > Reboot Device no longer brings the device back online as it did when the connections infrequently dropped on the previous version. Restarting the BI service on this updated version would only bring 4/5 cams back online.

Reverting to 5.4.9.18 immediately brought the cams online and they have remained stable.
dcsang

Re: Blue Iris 5.5.0.8 Update Dropping Connections

Post by dcsang »

The random connection issues continued since my last post and was primarily affecting two of my five Reolink 511W cameras. These two cams happen to be the most recently installed and were mounted approximately 16" higher than the other three external cameras. For some reason they sometimes stabilized at night when 2/3 cams went into IR mode and dropped to 15FPS. I tried all combinations of adjusting frame and bit rates in the cams, disabling UID, and switching profile modes between base/main/high without success. Blue Iris RTPS or RMTP modes made no difference.

Yesterday I decided to move the two problematic cams from the 5Ghz segment to 2.4Ghz. There was a slight improvement, but the ultimate resolution was disabling Multi-User MIMO, Explicit Beamforming, and Universal Beamforming in the Merlin firmware. The remaining three cams are working fine on the 5Ghz segment with Multi-User MIMO and 802.11ac Beamforming enabled. This has resulted in rock stable performance with sub-streams reapplied to all five cams. There are so many factors that can affect connectivity and I hope this is helpful to others that have tried the multitude of BI settings without success.