Layout Editor in Version 5.5.0.7

williamcurtice

Layout Editor in Version 5.5.0.7

Post by williamcurtice »

Version 5.5.0.7 auto-downloaded and installed this evening, and introduced the Screen Layout Editor. Gone... is the screen layout slider that allowed you to easily select a preferred screen layout. In using the new editor, I am unable to re-create the default full screen layout provided by Version 5.4.9.18, as shown below (or in the attachment to this post).

Can anyone suggest Layout Editor settings that will:
1) Recreate the layout shown in the attached photo, and
2) Restore the function of allowing any camera to occupy the large image screen by simply dragging the camera image to the large screen?
If not, can the layout slider capability be restored as an option in a future release?

Related Issue: I downloaded and re-installed the previous stable version (5.4.9.18), and the screen layout slider and preferred screen layout reappeared. However, it appears I will have to shut off automatic install of new updates to preserve the layout slider feature from version 5.4.9.18. :(
Attachments
BI-5.4.9.18 Layout.png
BI-5.4.9.18 Layout.png (114.4 KiB) Viewed 7000 times
MikeLud

Re: Layout Editor in Version 5.5.0.7

Post by MikeLud »

Try the below settings for the main camera, before doing the settings move the main camera to the first camera (Top Left)
SS1.jpg
SS1.jpg (144.51 KiB) Viewed 6998 times
SS2.jpg
SS2.jpg (108.3 KiB) Viewed 6998 times
bokingwen

Post by bokingwen »

I am running 5.5.0.8 x64 and have the same issue when I click on the frame editor button nothing seems to happen except the borders turn green. The slider button was useful. I missed I have 9 cameras now it only displays the cameras in grid mode. How can I edit it back to one camera as the mine and the other cameras in a smaller view window??
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

The Camera Height adjustment 1X-9X is just like the slider
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I was really hoping for resizable windows (ala drag and resize) but it looks like I'm destined to be disappointed.
MikeLud wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 pm The Camera Height adjustment 1X-9X is just like the slider
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
bokingwen

Post by bokingwen »

Thanks for the quick reply. I think the slider button is easier to switch around. After playing around with different combination still can't get the one I use to have. I can see why they switch to this new way of changing the view, it does give users a lot more options to custom their view. IMO this is way too much sometimes you don't need all these options. Perhaps bring the old slider button back, I don't see why the BI can't have both options for users to custom their view.
bokingwen

Post by bokingwen »

I give up spending way too long playing around with the view. I uninstall the current version and reinstall the old one. Getting the view back should not take this long. Not sure why now one of my cameras is broken on BI, direct access to the camera is fine. WTH. The video on the broken one is all weird. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall BI. For some reason, just that camera is not working. Yes, I did power cycle the camera.
Bonfire501

Post by Bonfire501 »

I also just updated from 5.4.9.18 to 5.5.1.5. Although adjusting the camera height from 1x to 2x makes the 1 camera larger, this is not a good replacement for the slide adjustment from the previous version. You can't drag another camera from the right side over to the left side to make it larger like you could in the previous version. Yes, you can double click one of the smaller cameras and make it full screen but now you have to switch back and forth between full screen and can only view one camera at a time. Hope this goes back to the previous slider setup used in 5.4.x as this setup is neither more advanced or helpful.
CBers

Post by CBers »

I've had the same issues with the latest version of Blue Iris, so I have also reverted to version 5.4.9.18.

I have emailed Blue Iris support, so hopefully there will be a fix, or a better solution to this soon.

Thanks.
justdrewit

Post by justdrewit »

Sorry to hijack this but I'm going nutty over here! No matter where I right click, I don't see these options:

I'm certain I'm overlooking something simple... Can someone point it out?

Drew