News and updates Splash screen

artworksmetal

News and updates Splash screen

Post by artworksmetal »

I have not used Blue Iris in a couple of years. I just upgraded to BI5.
Is there any way to turn off the opening "News and Updates" splash screen? I could not find a setting.
So far, it keeps showing me the same news.
Surely I am missing something. There must be some way to turn it off.
YrbkMgr

Re: News and updates Splash screen

Post by YrbkMgr »

That splash only happens when there's an update available. If it's just news, once you confirm the dialog it won't appear again. The point I'm getting at... have you updated your version of BI with that dialog? What version are you running?
Example Splash.JPG
Example Splash.JPG (40.69 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

I had double clicked on the seminar and even attended that one. As you can see, the last "news" was that seminar, but my splash doesn't start when I launch the console. Only when there's a version update or there's new news.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

IAmATeaf wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:32 am I think the issue that the OP is having is that he hasn’t accepted the new news so each time he opens the BI console the Updates dialog is displayed.
Well, if that's the case... should be easy to "turn off". Launch it and be done.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

IAmATeaf wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:08 pm Talking of updates, we’ve not had one for quite a few weeks now, think I’m going cold turkey due to the lack of updates Image
In the last webinar (9/3) during the Q&A portion, Ken announced version 5.5. He said it was a a major overhaul of the console (words similar to that). They also solicited for beta testers. There is a major issue that I've been in discussions with Ken on, in that DeepStack cancels Hotspot triggers. Ken said "Excellent point ... I will fix this today for 5.4.9.19. Hot spot triggers should not be subject to DS". That was on (8/3).

All of that leads me to the conclusion that Ken and Sam have their hands full and are likely polishing up the new release. I figured that even though he said "today" he would fix it, he's likely wrapping it up into the new release.

So... I guess... stay tuned.
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

Ken Just released version 5.5.0.7
HST

Post by HST »

Just saw it - is there a more detailed changelog / documentation somewhere? Besides the news screen :)
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

In the help there is a more detailed changelog
Screenshot 2021-09-14 002457.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-14 002457.jpg (165.47 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
HST

Post by HST »

Ah, I missed that. Thanks a lot, @MikeLud!
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I just got v5.4.x tuned with DS to my liking - been working on it since July when I upgraded from 4 -> 5. I'm inclined to be patient in applying the update.