I can't get Remote Access Wizard to work with my setup?

ingeborgdot

I can't get Remote Access Wizard to work with my setup?

Post by ingeborgdot »

I am working on a system that has been newly installed. The network system is a TP-Link Omada system which I like very much, but that is beside the point. The system consists of a router, controller, switch and EAP's etc., along with the cameras.
The way the system works if you are not familiar with the Omada system is that the controller, controls everything. It is the heart of the system. It makes remote watching of the equipment a breeze.
Well, the problem is that since the controller is the heart of the system, it affects the wizard setup. The router is still the gateway, but it is controlled by the controller. It has the gateway of 192.168.1.1, and the controller, has a static of 1.3. The issue is that the wizard wants the routers gateway, but can't communicate with the router anymore, since the controller takes care of everything. I don't know how to set it up so the wizard looks for the controller on 1.3. I don't even know if that is supposed to happen that way.

In order to get it to work properly, I have had to enable DMZ on the controller. Sorry, but VPN is not an option in this case. It is what it is..

Now, I said I like this Omada system, but never said I was an expert at it. I am learning all of the ins and outs of it with some trial and error. I will be in contact with TP Link to see what their take is on this issue, but was hoping that one of the residential geniuses on here could lend me a hand.