Deepstack and motion alert emails - getting both

marble8

Deepstack and motion alert emails - getting both

Post by marble8 »

I've setup my BlueIris system and deepstack is working great.

However, I'm also getting emails on motion detection from cameras.

The emails from deepstack are different, as you likely already know, informing confidence on object.

Any suggestions on how to turn off the non-deepstack triggered alert emails?

Thanks!
Chris
YrbkMgr

Re: Deepstack and motion alert emails - getting both

Post by YrbkMgr »

What are your settings in the Alerts tab of the camera properties? On alert actions...
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
marble8

Post by marble8 »

My alerts are enabled.

Should I turn them off?

I'm under the impression that deepstack wants alerts enabled?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I am asking you what the alert actions are for the camera. The image below is what I'm asking about.
settings in the Alerts tab_cr.JPG
settings in the Alerts tab_cr.JPG (45.35 KiB) Viewed 5534 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
marble8

Post by marble8 »

Mine looks like yours, but with only one type (email).

I will change the green checkmark to disabled and see if they stop, but I should leave the action set enabled; correct?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Look under the "Immediate actions" under Trigger if there is anything set there.
It could be that you have set both email when triggered and email when gone through deepstack in the alert?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

marble8 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:54 am Mine looks like yours, but with only one type (email).

I will change the green checkmark to disabled and see if they stop, but I should leave the action set enabled; correct?
The Enable Action Set checkbox is a mere toggle to on/off telling BI to either run what's in the list, or disable what's in the list. The checkbox next to a line item toggles that specific action (on/off). Maybe you're troubleshooting a camera and want to disable all alerts temporarily while testing. Consider this scenario...

Say for example, that your action set looks like mine, three actions to execute upon alert. You could temporarily disable all of them by disabling the action set - that will keep all of your action items in the actions list, but render all of them inactive. You could also disable specific line items, allowing other actions to run. Finally, you can delete a line item if you no longer want it.

In your case you have one item. Your choices are, keep it but disable the line item; keep it and disable the whole list (of 1 item), or you can delete the line item and do nothing else.

So enable/disable the Action Set only affects what is in that dialog.
dz93

Post by dz93 »

marble8 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:51 pm I've setup my BlueIris system and deepstack is working great.

However, I'm also getting emails on motion detection from cameras.

The emails from deepstack are different, as you likely already know, informing confidence on object.

Any suggestions on how to turn off the non-deepstack triggered alert emails?

Thanks!
Chris
Go to where you set up your alerts. Under each alert you have, find "Required AI object" or something similar to that and type in "person" if you're wanting the alerts to detect people and assuming you're using deepstacks default model. What's happening is possibly a glitch in blue iris but regardless you have your alerts set to send whenever something is positively triggered. So you'll get those motion alerts even though there may not be a person present. Adding the "person" object in that field on your alerts will prevent any alert from sending at all unless it has a person object detected.