Starter Questions

MitchellWC

Starter Questions

Post by MitchellWC »

Good afternoon,

I am taking over a position for a gentleman who is retiring, and unfortunately he was not able to train me on blue iris before he left. I've installed BI on my work computer, and transferred all of the settings from the previous computer using the export to .reg and it is currently set to record when there is movement.

Will BI save video clip files to my second computer based on those export settings?

When I check the files they seem to be empty, but I don't want to come back tomorrow and find my work computer is overloaded with hundreds of 10 second clips.

I will probably have more questions as time goes on, so thank you in advance for your time!

Mitchell
HeneryH

Re: Starter Questions

Post by HeneryH »

For commercial usage you should watch the training videos and read the docs "on the clock."

Not trying to be a dick here but, your boss isn't paying me to help you.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

HeneryH is right. If you're brand new to BI, and didn't set it up yourself, you are in a world of hurt until you get up to speed - terminology, etc. The best place for you to start is by reviewing the Onboarding section of this forum.

As painful as it is, dedicate some time to reviewing that section, watch the videos, check the help file. It's going to take time but as HeneryH said, make your boss pay for your education. Help is here, to be sure, but you should have a more robust foundation of knowledge if it's to be useful.

That said... BI creates a folder in the root drive to store clips, the database, log files, images, etc. (e.g., c:\blueiris) - That is where your stuff will be stored on the new computer and is driven by the Clips and Archiving tab in Global Settings. If you just imported the backup.reg file, you should check that tab to make sure stuff is going where it's supposed to.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MitchellWC

Post by MitchellWC »

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, it is appreciated.

I will start with the onboarding :lol:

All the best,
Mitchell
DavidAdamson22

Post by DavidAdamson22 »

In case you didn't know this was available, while watching a clip you can press the video button and it will record from that point until you press the video button again and it will save that part of the clip to your mobile devices photo album
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Anyone know how to flag the spam post above me?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

HeneryH wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:19 pm Anyone know how to flag the spam post above me?
You can't. Only forum Admin can. That said, you can notify Gennarose_ by opening the Team link at the bottom of the page.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.