Alerts not showing in list but are recording

captjohn25

Alerts not showing in list but are recording

Post by captjohn25 »

I have had BI running for a month now and all of a sudden 2 of my 10 cameras will not list the alerts. The cameras are triggering and recording as desired but the alerts are no longer being listed. Any help to get the alerts to show would be appreciated. Here is my alert configuration for one of the cameras.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (25.19 KiB) Viewed 7558 times
YrbkMgr

Re: Alerts not showing in list but are recording

Post by YrbkMgr »

Are you using DeepStack AI on those cameras? Are you saying that DS is canceling legitimate alerts? Or is this happening without DS enabled on the cameras. That'd be the first thing to share.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
captjohn25

Post by captjohn25 »

I am not running DeepStack. I found that if I stop and restart the BI service the alerts will resume then stop again after some days go by. Have not found a pattern yet. Even when the Alerts are not showing the cameras are recording on Trigger.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Is it possible that the db has become corrupted? If you rebuild/repair the DB, are they still missing from the clips pane? Did you change the name of those two cameras recently? Those are the two key drivers for what appears in the clips pane.

If you filter the Clips pane to alerts from a week or so before the problem, are the alert clips listed there?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
alloveru

Post by alloveru »

I am experiencing the same issue. Randomly one of my cameras would stop trigging alerts, even if I right click on the feed and click Trigger Now, nothing happens. Yet I do that with any other camera it works. Previously (has happened 3 or 4 times now) i have had to delete the camera from BI and reset it up.

I got it to work again today with out deleting it, I ended up disabling the camera, waited a few seconds and re-enabled it. Triggering of alerts is now working again.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, is it always the same camera ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Oops, double post.

And are you triggering BI5 with Onvif, or letting BI do the work ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

In situations like this, I've started over from scratch with the camera.

- Export the camera to a new name like 'Camera1-old', so that you could get it back if you wanted.
- Delete the camera.
- Add the camera back. Use the settings from a camera that works., and change IP address and other settings specific to the camera.
captjohn25

Post by captjohn25 »

I have been trying to get help from the BI support but so far no luck getting anything back.
The issue has occurred again on a different camera. I have noticed that by stopping the BI service and starting again then the Alerts start to appear again. This has happened 3 times now in the past 6 weeks.
gasahold

Post by gasahold »

captjohn25 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:23 pm I have been trying to get help from the BI support but so far no luck getting anything back.
The issue has occurred again on a different camera. I have noticed that by stopping the BI service and starting again then the Alerts start to appear again. This has happened 3 times now in the past 6 weeks.
Yep, I've had the same issue for weeks now and I sent this to BI support 10 days ago:

For all vers in the 5.4.9.x range and maybe even some 5.4.8.x versions, alert images will just stop being created after a few days for random cameras. Clips will be generated but no alert images will be generated when this happens. The ONLY way to remedy this situation is by exiting BI and then starting it again. BI is not running as a service.

I've checked the log file and see nothing that is not normally written when this problem occurs.

It sometimes happens on a camera that is using AI deepstack and it sometimes happens on cameras that are not using AI deepstack. I use motion detection and not continuous recording for all my cameras.

Hopefully others are reporting a similar issue and you can resolve it.

This was Sam's response:

Since it works at startup, I'm going to assume your network setup is correct.

Go through the Action maps article. I just created it.
https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... =12&t=2588

Keep me posted.

-- Sam

So basically I am stuck too but now you have reported the same issue...