Help with troubleshooting LV-PDB1630-U doorbell that displays "No Signal" frequently

TrunkMonkey

Help with troubleshooting LV-PDB1630-U doorbell that displays "No Signal" frequently

Post by TrunkMonkey »

Hello everyone,

I've been troubleshooting a LV-PDB1630-U (aka NSC-DB2, HSCDB2A, DS-HD1) wifi doorbell on my own for some time now and haven't had much success. Every few minutes the doorbell displays "No Signal" although a continuous ping (using PingInfoView from the BI host) to it's static IP doesn't has occasional ping times above 100ms and a few timeouts but there is no consistency between the timeouts or high ping times and the loss of signal. Previously, when testing with the LaView app, signal didn't drop but it's possible that I didn't wait long enough for it to happen.

My current setup:
  • BI 5.4.9.18 x64 on an i7-3770 16GB RAM, Intel onboard video and Geforce GT 1030
  • Doorbell receives wifi from an Aruba InstantON AP through a stucco wall, but from there less than 6 feet away
  • All security cameras are on their own VLAN with no internet access, BI is also on this same VLAN but has internet access and connected to the same switch.
  • Video Encoding STD_H264
  • Bitrate: Variable
  • iFrame Interval 15
  • Resolution: 1536x2048
  • Max Bitrate: 2048Kb
  • Receive Buffer: 6 MB (tried previously at 20 and 40 MB also)
  • Hardware Decode: No (using hardware decode seems to cause a band of discolored video every few minutes)
  • Max Rate in BI Video config: 15 fps, but keeps reverting to 30 fps
  • Running EZViz firmware V5.2.4 build 200904
Can anyone share their setup for this doorbell or have ideas on how to stabilize it?

Thanks
YrbkMgr

Re: Help with troubleshooting LV-PDB1630-U doorbell that displays "No Signal" frequently

Post by YrbkMgr »

In the Camera Stream Optimization section of "Onboarding" in this forum, the topic is addressed. It may be a deep dive, but there's also a YT video of the same name that may shed some light.

FWIW, BI Support has uploaded a crap-ton of videos on YT (BI Support), and has Onboarding and "Tips and Tricks". A nice, albeit comprehensive resource.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
TrunkMonkey

Re: Help with troubleshooting LV-PDB1630-U doorbell that displays "No Signal" frequently

Post by TrunkMonkey »

Finally getting back to this, but wanted to say thanks for sending that article. Since making the recommended changes, I no longer have "No Signal" messages
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

TrunkMonkey, did you happen to remember what settings you changed? I also have an LV-PDB1630-U and BI just can't seem to connect to it reliably lately (it's been fine for about a year now) and I just can't figure out how to get it to remain connected. I don't think the problem is with the camera as I can connect and record to SD card just fine, but BI just can't seem to connect reliably. Not sure if this is supposed to happen, but when I try to Find/Inspect through BI for this camera, I get a 404 error (even when hitting it's IP directly) and I don't recall if I was getting that in the past:

Opening 192.168.1.42 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 404
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

Ok, I did some research and found that the LaView doesn't have a web interface so there would be nothing to hit on port 80 I guess. But I'm still curious as to what you changed as you can't actually change anything on the camera as it doesn't give you any access to change any of the settings (all of the setup is done through a really bad mobile app). I don't know what changed as I never had any issues with this camera until about a week ago and the only thing that I changed was taking the typical BI updates. I'd appreciate any info.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

deadeye wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 pm Ok, I did some research and found that the LaView doesn't have a web interface so there would be nothing to hit on port 80 I guess. But I'm still curious as to what you changed as you can't actually change anything on the camera as it doesn't give you any access to change any of the settings (all of the setup is done through a really bad mobile app). I don't know what changed as I never had any issues with this camera until about a week ago and the only thing that I changed was taking the typical BI updates. I'd appreciate any info.
If there's a Factory/Default Reset option on the camera, it might be worth looking into...
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

From the first post above
Running EZViz firmware V5.2.4 build 200904
Does the EzViz firmware have the missing web interface that doesn't exist in the LaView firmware ? Or have I got the wrong end of the wrong stick :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.