Installing Deepstack GPU - CuDNN question

Todd

Installing Deepstack GPU - CuDNN question

Post by Todd »

Hi All,

I have been following the posts and the guides for installing Deepstack GPU version, but it is not working for me. I was able to install Deepstack CPU version on another PC easily and that is working well.

I have followed the instructions from Nvidia well I think, until the last part of the CuDNN instructions:

https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/cu ... index.html

5. Include cudnn.lib in your Visual Studio project.
a. Open the Visual Studio project and right-click on the project name.
b. Click Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies.
c. Add cudnn.lib and click OK.

I am not sure what to do here. I do have Visual Studio installed (per the instructions).

I am able to get the splash screen "DeepStack Activated" , but the log shows errors:

2021-08-02 11:11:58.783 AM Cam6 MOTION_A
2021-08-02 11:12:14.291 AM Cam6 DeepStack: Server error 100
2021-08-02 11:12:14.291 AM Cam6 DeepStack: Alert cancelled [DeepStack: 100] 15017ms
2021-08-02 11:12:16.590 AM App DeepStack has been restarted

I have read here on the forum that there could be a few reasons for these errors (which I verified), but I am wondering if my issue is due to not completing Step 5 from the CuDNN guide above?

I have asked Sam for a Deepstack GPU step-by-step installation guide for a non-programmer (like me). Hopefully he will find time.

Thanks,
Todd
Todd

Re: Installing Deepstack GPU - CuDNN question

Post by Todd »

Update:

My issue may be my GPU hardware and maybe it is timing out? It's a GTX 660 with 960 CUDA cores (which is not a lot).

Deepstack.jpg
Deepstack.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 4285 times

How would one know if a particular Nvidia card had enough processing power for Deepstack? Tried to google it....

Thanks,
Todd
aberkeley

Post by aberkeley »

hi
i have the same issue with the gpu version - cant get it to work and i have one of the new Nvidia cards - which i really want to make use of!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Update:

Took out the GTX 660 and put in a GTX 1070Ti and it just started working without a fuss. Put the GTX 660 back in and it still didn't work (in case I changed something without knowing). No idea why the GTX 660 doesn't work, it has a decent amount of CUDA cores. I tried searching everywhere and there is no compatability list for NVIDIA GPUs that can run Deepstack.

I now have response times of 50-100ms....nice!
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

Todd wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:23 am Update:

Took out the GTX 660 and put in a GTX 1070Ti and it just started working without a fuss. Put the GTX 660 back in and it still didn't work (in case I changed something without knowing). No idea why the GTX 660 doesn't work, it has a decent amount of CUDA cores. I tried searching everywhere and there is no compatability list for NVIDIA GPUs that can run Deepstack.

I now have response times of 50-100ms....nice!
That's because the GTX660 isn't supported. According to Deepstatck and its forums only the cards that support CuDNN is supported. And from what I read its the 900 series and above. Thats why your 660 won't work and your 1070 did work.
yonnysmith

Post by yonnysmith »

Hi.
Does deepstack gpu work with the gtx 960 to do you know?

Don't want to waste my money on a 960 if the 1050 is more suitable.

Thanks