How can I view BVR files on an Android phone?

Zonex

How can I view BVR files on an Android phone?

Post by Zonex »

I have BI 5 running on a desktop computer at my house. The computer automatically synchronizes the contents of the NEW folder to Google Drive. This is done so I have a copy of the video clips even if the BI computer itself is stolen, or my house burns down, or there's some other catastrophe. This also makes the video clips available to me on my Android phone shortly after they are created.

Does the BI Android app have a way for me to view BVR files? Is there some other app that will view BVR files? My cell phone wants to use the Axis app to view them, but I don't have an account. I'm asking in advance of a trip I'll be taking in October, when the house will be empty for about three weeks. After searching the forum, it seems as if it's assumed that one will have access to a BI installation and can convert the BVR files to MP4 format. That won't be the case for me...I'll just have my phone.

(This is also related to another post I made when I found I could log into my BI system from my cell phone, but could not view the live video or video clips. Using Google Drive would reduce the seriousness of that problem by giving me a way to follow-up on e-mail alerts.)
Zonex

Re: How can I view BVR files on an Android phone?

Post by Zonex »

OK, I have partially answered this question. MX Player Pro will open and view a BVR file once it's been downloaded from Google Drive to the cell phone.