motion fails to record all movement

captjohn25

motion fails to record all movement

Post by captjohn25 »

I have two cameras. One is a AMCREST IP4M-1051B and the other is a AMCREST IP8M-T2499EW-40MM. The 1051 is located in my garage to monitor traffic in/out of the garage. When the garage door opens it starts to record but ends before the car is out of the garage and does not even show the garage door closing. Same response when car arrives the car can be half way into the garage before recording starts and ends before the door closes. I also have a Synology Surveillance Station connected to the same cameras as a comparison of the two products. The Synology app captures all the movement as expected. In BI I have the sensitivity all the way down and the Make Time set to 0.5 sec with a 10 sec end time if no movement. Any thoughts as to why BI will not capture the same movement that Synology does?
MikeBwca

Re: motion fails to record all movement

Post by MikeBwca »

...because... BlueIris... is... a... different... program... entirely! :ugeek:
terk

Post by terk »

The few times I messed with the sensitivity in BI it seemed to make motion detection worse, I'd try resetting those settings to factory and see if it works better. QNAP at least uses the ONVIF signals from the camera by default for motion detection relying on the cameras event detection, Synology may be that way as well?
TimG

Post by TimG »

If those cameras ARE sending Onvif triggers, then you can set BI5 to use them too.

BI5's power can also be it's own worst enemy due to the sheer number of adjustments that you can make that can also stop it detecting motion. I call it the Swiss Army knife of CCTV software as it will work with so many cameras. I even have two old analogue cameras happily recording away.

Many people here try settings out by cloning cameras to see what works best for them.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.