Status Window Warning

YrbkMgr

Status Window Warning

Post by YrbkMgr »

About a week ago I upgraded from BI 4.x to BI 5. I'm suddenly getting a warning in the status window that I don't understand. The warning icon appears next to an external storage location that I use to archive older clips. Below are screen caps of the status window and the relevant portion of the Clips and Archiving tab.
Blue Iris 5 Status Window Warning_edit.JPG
Blue Iris 5 Status Window Warning_edit.JPG (118.82 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
Blue Iris 5 Clips and Archiving.JPG
Blue Iris 5 Clips and Archiving.JPG (52.15 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

How can I find out more about this warning and mitigating it?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
Matts1984

Re: Status Window Warning

Post by Matts1984 »

That does seem strange. I have noticed the math on mine seems a little wonky but still, the way I'm reading that seems to indicate you have things right. Out of curiosity, maybe you've already looked there, but on that Blue Iris Status page... what does the "Clip Storage" tab look like?
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
YrbkMgr

Re: Status Window Warning

Post by YrbkMgr »

Matts1984 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:11 pm That does seem strange. I have noticed the math on mine seems a little wonky but still, the way I'm reading that seems to indicate you have things right. Out of curiosity, maybe you've already looked there, but on that Blue Iris Status page... what does the "Clip Storage" tab look like?
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The Clips Storage Tab - looks copacetic to me...

Messages Tab
Messages Tab
Blue Iris 5 Status Window Warning_Edit4.JPG (112.23 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
Clips Storage Tab
Clips Storage Tab
Blue Iris 5 Status Window Clip Storage_edit.JPG (63.73 KiB) Viewed 1636 times

These are from today.

What is confusing me is that in the same status window, the next line is a check mark for the Clips object. And while we're at it, check out my Camera's tab: I have turned off internet access for both cameras at the router. Why is there webcasting?

Cameras Tab
Cameras Tab
Blue Iris 5 Status Window Cameras_edit.JPG (63.52 KiB) Viewed 1636 times

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature...
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.