Object Detection Anomaly

Beamer

Object Detection Anomaly

Post by Beamer »

Over the last 6 months I have been trying to resolve a triggering failure when applying scene or lighting change object detection functionality with the intent of stopping overhead cloud movement from triggering my cameras.

I have held off contacting support until now because it is such a fundamental problem that I assumed it would have been reported before now and in addition I wanted time to fully test and triple test my findings to avoid pilot error.

The issue I have now confirmed in my system is that enabling large object detection suppresses trigger functionality. For example, if I walk across my drive without the object detection enabled, my system will trigger 100% of the time. If I enable object detection and set it to 99% (which according to my understanding of the help file should not impede trigger functionality) I am rarely detected.

Am I missing something or is this a real issue?
TimG

Re: Object Detection Anomaly

Post by TimG »

I also think we could do with a simple clear explanation. I have always wondered if these different trigger methods are AND/OR and if they can prevent each other working. Did you look to see if the help file has any new information ? It's possible now we have DeepStack integrated :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.