Blue Iris - Low quality Stream

abstractreality

Blue Iris - Low quality Stream

Post by abstractreality »

I purchased 2 Amcrest 4MP cameras specifically for Blue Iris v5 after using 2 D-Links for years on v4. I integrated one last Friday, and the video/stream looked pretty good. It was sharp, and looked close to what I expected. I received the other camera today, and after going through Amcrest's clunky software, was able to get everything working fine. The only problem now is that the stream in BI looks 720p, at best. It's cloudy and foggy. I have the cameras set to 4K/Pro HD in the settings, so that's not the issue. I purchased Security Eye software last year after being displaced from my house for a while, and the Amcrest cameras look much better on their software than BI. The image is crisp, unlike BI.

Thinking the update I installed today was the issue, I uninstalled v5 and reinstalled it without today's update. No dice.

I don't understand. I purchased v5 about 10 days ago, and this is not what I was expecting.
Optimus

Re: Blue Iris - Low quality Stream

Post by Optimus »

In your camera settings > video > configure. Confirm that your Main Stream has the correct details to actually use your main stream from the camera.

In the console, right-click on the live camera view and make sure you have "Main stream when solo/full screen" ticked.

If viewing in UI3 make sure that you have selected a good streaming quality setting. Personally i use 1080p VBR because anything bigger than that for live viewing is a waste (in my opinion)