No signal (10053)

Wulffe

No signal (10053)

Post by Wulffe »

Hi.

I have 4 D-Link DCS 936L.

3 of the cameras, is only for fun/hobby, and the last one "Cam1" is for security surveillance.

The problem I have is, that Cam2, Cam3 and Cam4 works perfect! They never have any off time, but Cam1 is crashing like 10-15 times a day.

Cam1 is the only camera witch is recording, the others is view-only.

When the camera crash, I get the "Cam1: No Signal" with "Error: 80002745 (Socket error: 10053) 0"

No matter what I do, I cant get it to work - Unless if I restart the camera via the web address, and that is the weird part - Because I can get access to the camera via a browser, I can also see the camera via the browser, but Blue Iris cannot connect.

I have tried switch around the cameras, but it is always the camera recording witch crash.

Anyone having this issue, or can help me to fix it?

Wulffe
MikeBwca

Re: No signal (10053)

Post by MikeBwca »

Good description of the problem.

How are you recording? Direct-to-Disc, or, encoding?
Can you provide some screenshots of the cameras 'Recording settings, and, 'Video file format compression settings?
Maybe I, or, someone can spot something.
Wulffe

Post by Wulffe »

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your reply!

I have made you som SS, and now I hope you can spot something I might have done wrong :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ejgrcqqub0zk ... gQsXa?dl=0

I have read that this issue could have something to do with "low-end" gear - But Im quite sure that is not my case, since the other 3 cams just are going strong.

I have overnight tried to disconnect all cameras but Cam1 - To see if it could be the router not having the power to run them all - And the result is the same :?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Are all your cams running at 30-33fps? 15fps will save a lot of bandwidth, and, disk space. 30fps is nice, but, if you use 15fps for a while, I think you'll find that it's fine.

Maybe try watchdog on the camera. It won;t resolve the issue, but will keep the camera connected.

The one thing they have in common, is that only 1 is recording at a time. Where are you recording too, the hard drive?

You may want to try recording all cameras to see if they all fail, or just one. That would give more info to narrow in on.

I'm not sure how much help I can be. Maybe something will spark someones attention.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

A thought...

Is the cam recording connected by wire or Wifi?

If Wifi, maybe there's something interfering. Does it connect 2.4 or 5?
Wulffe

Post by Wulffe »

Hi again :)

All my cameras is running 15 FPS besides the one recording.

I have watchdog on, but that does not work because I have to restart the camera via a browser.

I have 3 different drives, 2 SSds and one HHD. I have tried them all without luck.

They are Wifi 2.4 Ghz only.

But something strange has happen - My computer is running 24/7, but last night I had to restart it - I restarted my computer 9 hours ago, and the camera now have now been online for 9 hours.

So it could seem that a restart of the computer might fix the issue - Just restarting the program does not fix it.

I will now try to record on all cameras and see what happen, and then I restart my computer if I get the issue again.

Thanks for your help!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

aaaaaHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh.... Glad to hear it's working.

Maybe a Ip stack/cache issue... blaa blaa technical jargon. or, maybe it was the muffler bearings, or, air filter oil!

Who knows! lol

I remember years ago (I'm showing my age now) some Segate hard drives would 'stick' and fail to spin when powered up. Apparently, the mfg put too much lubricant on the platters. The solution was to drop them a few inches (powered off & head locked of course)!

Proves the point... if it doesn't work, kick it!