Motion sensor - Object detection setting

Kaiyne

Motion sensor - Object detection setting

Post by Kaiyne »

Hi all,

I'm pretty confused after going through the video and reading the article on 'Advanced - Deepstack + Blue Iris' in Tips and Tricks.

Near the end it says: "Big gotchas:
If you uncheck Object detection from the Advanced section of Camera settings -> Trigger tab -> Motion sensor Configure, you have unbeknownst to yourself, turned off DeepStack because object detection is needed for DeepStack to work."

I thought that setting was for Blue Iris's object detection instead of Deepstack's. By turning it off, BI isn't involved in the object detection, only deepstack. I thought if the box was checked, that only BI would be doing the objection detection instead of deepstack.

So, that being said, my setting is unchecked, but my triggers are being sent to deepstack and it looks like it's working. I've set the "Save Deepstack analysis details" setting and can see the deepstack analysis in the stats page. I get the alerts saying "person:87%" "dog:75%" "car:77%" etc.

So your "Big gotcha" has me quite bewildered. I have it off, but looks like deepstack is in fact doing it's job; contrary to what you said in the post.

Can someone explain?