No Alerts, No Trigger Events in timeline

crazyhamsales

No Alerts, No Trigger Events in timeline

Post by crazyhamsales »

Just stopped working on its own, was fine up until 6/27 then it stopped working correctly. I cleared the database, rebuilt it, rebooted, etc etc etc....

Here is what is happening, motion does trigger records, and the recording is being saved, if i go to clips i can see a clip thats hours long with all the clips spliced together, but the alerts is empty, so i can't click on a motion alert to take me to the point in the timeline that it triggered.

For example, yesterday at 3:10pm UPS delivered a package, i clicked on alerts nothing was there, but i went to clips and selected the camera that would have caught it and it had about 4 hours of footage saved, started playing it and the first trigger was 7:10am for 27 seconds, then it jumped to the next event at 8:05am, and so on, i was able to scrub through the footage and finally find the motion trigger at 3:00pm when the UPS truck pulled up. But this used to be a simple click of the event in the alert list then it took me right to that motion event.

What happened??? I didn't change any settings, i went through and everything is the same, i just don't get alerts to jump to the trigger even in the timeline anymore and its bloody annoying.
crazyhamsales

Re: No Alerts, No Trigger Events in timeline

Post by crazyhamsales »

Nobody??? I searched through the forums, google searched, and emailed BlueIris Support, so far no reply from them and i can't find anything online that fixes it.

Is this how BlueIris is going to be now? If so its time to find new software cause this doesn't work for me.
iankaufmann

Post by iankaufmann »

This started happening for me too. The only thing that fixed it was rolling back to a previous update. I found 5.4.8.2 from 6/19/2021 works again.

I'm going to hold off on BI updates for a while. No reason to update when everything is working. Seems to be causing problems often these days.
iankaufmann

Post by iankaufmann »

They seem to be on to something here:
https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=2400

Will have to check this out in the morning and see if that's my problem too.
youngstick

Post by youngstick »

I had exactly the same issue on 5.4.9.5 on three cameras.
Only noticed because my alert list eventually emptied

Tests under 5.4.9.5
Manual trigger - nothing appears in the alert list
Motion trigger - nothing appears in the alert list

Resolution
Did nothing else but role back to 5.4.4.8 and both my manual and motion triggers now work on all three cameras.
Manual trigger - works as expected
Motion trigger - works as expected
iankaufmann

Post by iankaufmann »

Anybody had any luck in figuring out what is going on here?

I just tried to update to the latest build (5.4.9.9) and it's still screwing up.

It even says "Alert adjustments and fixes" in the release notes, so I was hopeful. I've now rolled back to 5.4.8.2 and everything is back to how I'm used to it being.

In my setup, I integrate with Home Assistant and Deepstack via AI Tool.

Under each camera's "Trigger" tab, motion sensor is enabled, and under "When Triggered", I have "Add to alerts list" set to "Database only". This causes an (unflagged) alert to appear in the clip list.

Under the "Record" tab, all cameras are set to record video continuously, but also to take JPEGs "When Triggered" and dump them into the folder that AI Tool watches.

The "Alerts" tab is used ONLY for communicating with Home Assistant via MQTT, and for sending push notifications to our mobile devices, which both happen on external alerts only (those that have been flagged by the AI).

The other thing that is jamming me up here is that I have Home Assistant set up to temporarily disable the alerts that go to our phones by updating the "Fire When" setting to "Never" temporarily whenever we open a door from the inside that has a camera outside that will cause an alert. The idea being that if someone is going from inside the house to outside, there is no need for everyone to get a notification... it's only important when someone is approaching the house.

The thing is that when the stuff in the "Alerts" tab is disabled (which I consider to mean actual alerts and actions, not clips on the clip list), everything else still fires normally. I still get an unflagged alert, followed by a flagged one if AI Tool deems it to be relevant, which I can scroll through later. The only difference is that the ALERT is not firing which notifies the phones and home automation.

The last version that this works in is v5.4.8.2. If I update to any version past that, nothing gets put into the clip list unless "Fire When" under the "Alerts" tab is set to "This camera is triggered", and ALL motion zones are checked (not just external).

Settings like "minimum time between alerts" now actually stop clips from appearing in the list, instead of just suppressing notifications, and temporarily setting "Fire When" to "never" stops anything from being stored in the clip list.

This also throws off AI Tool since it tries to flag the latest alert when that could be hours old since no new clips are being stored.

Bottom line is "Trigger" and "Record" should control clips being put on the timeline, and "Alerts" should be for configuring notifications. At least, that is how it appears to work in all versions I've been using for years now up until v5.4.8.2.

I know that I have an elaborate setup, but it works and it works well. Only relevant things are flagged, and only notifications I want come to my phone. I don't know what piece of the puzzle I'm missing in my head for why this behavior was changed (and not fixed in many subsequent updates).

Maybe there's something to "if it works don't update it" but I don't want to go forever without updating the software...
qklcujoweq

Post by qklcujoweq »

Anyone find a solution?

Alerts stopped showing up two days ago, even though I haven't touched Blue Iris settings in months.
yeahman

Post by yeahman »

I had similar issues with V5 a while ago (like 5-6 months ago).. that is why I am on v4 since then but sadly it seems the issues with alerts haven't been solved.
I am testing v5 again but it is still not as stable as v4 that would justify making yet another purchase for v5
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

qklcujoweq wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:48 pm Anyone find a solution?

Alerts stopped showing up two days ago, even though I haven't touched Blue Iris settings in months.
What version are you currently on?

Also, in my experience, this forum is still in its infancy and not as active as one might hope. So if you've paid for the support, write support an email. That's the best place to get a definitive answer and troubleshooting.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.