Audio missing in web UI3?

danjb

Audio missing in web UI3?

Post by danjb »

I am certain this is controlled by a setting I can not find, but I have searched the doc and the UI w/o any luck. I am running BI 5.4.9.1 (6/26/2021). I have one camera that includes audio, and have set two other cameras to use that camera's audio (as they are physically adjacent).

In the BI Windows application, I can hear this audio all the time. If I maximize a camera window, play a clip from a camera with sound, or export a clip, I get sound w/o any issue. If I perform any of these functions via the web UI for the exact same cameras, no sound comes through. Strangely, EVEN exporting a clip! Clips exported and downloaded via the web UI don't have any audio track in the MP4 at all. Exporting the same clip on the Windows UI gets a perfect sound clip. Interestingly, the thumbnail icons for clips in the web UI show a speaker icon for the clips that have sound. But no sound plays for streamed or downloaded clips.

I have to assume exporting a clip runs the same code on the back end, so presumably some setting somewhere is stripping sound before sending to the web UI for downloading. Any idea where this is controlled? Thanks for any response.
TimG

Re: Audio missing in web UI3?

Post by TimG »

Well the good news is that audio in UI3 is working here with v5.4.9.1.

Did you try restarting your web browser ? It could be running an older version of UI3 if you update BI5 without restarting the browser for UI3.

Otherwise, do you have "Webcast audio" ticked on the BI5 audio tab for that camera ? I think that could do it.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
danjb

Post by danjb »

I verified that all my cameras have "Webcast audio" checked in their audio tab settings. I tried restarting the browser, clearing the cache, restarting BIS, and finally running a different browser (I was running Chrome, then tried FF). All this is on a Mac. I checked "About this UI3" in the web UI and got: UI3 version 157, Blue Iris version: 5.4.9.1 - so I am running the latest UI3.

I would suspect something wrong with my browser or system audio (although all else makes sound fine) except for the clip export function in BIS. Surely that generates the MP4 clip on the server side, then lets me download it. I do not re-encode video for either operation, and I always make sure "include audio" is checked. When I play in VLC media player, there is no audio track in the file. That part has nothing to do with my browser or client system audio. If I export the clip in the Windows UI, then file transfer that to my Mac and play in the same VLC media player, it includes audio just fine.
mod5978390127

Post by mod5978390127 »

I am using UI3 version 195, Blue Iris version: 5.5.4.5 -- and I also get silence in Live and Clips.

Similarly, when I exported a clip directly from BlueIris on Windows, the sounds was OK. Exported via WebUI (with "include audio") -- the audio track is missing.

What's going on?

P.S. I checked and "Webcast audio" is enabled. BTW - why the fu*k would I want that to be OFF? Just to be more confusing??
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

In the web UI check the volume slider that appears when you move your mouse around the display:
Web UI Audio.jpg
Web UI Audio.jpg (15.75 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
mod5978390127

Post by mod5978390127 »

I don't see a volume slider. Maybe that's the issue.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

It only appears when you move your mouse in the display area. Unless your streaming profile is JPEG HD or lower - those don't have sound.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
mod5978390127

Post by mod5978390127 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:59 am It only appears when you move your mouse in the display area. Unless your streaming profile is JPEG HD or lower - those don't have sound.
Yes, I know. I see the "LIVE ..." text label, but no volume slider.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I have one camera that includes audio, and have set two other cameras to use that camera's audio (as they are physically adjacent).
I have the exact same set up - 3 cameras, only 1 with sound.

First, check About UI3, video players supported:
UI3 Browser Features Supported info 1.jpg
UI3 Browser Features Supported info 1.jpg (40.77 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
Then verify your streaming profile:
UI3 Streaming Proflies 2.jpg
UI3 Streaming Proflies 2.jpg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
If everything looks kosher there, then it's not UI3.

Then, check your export settings to verify the encoder profile settings in the console:
UI3 Export Dialog 1.JPG
UI3 Export Dialog 1.JPG (31.79 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
mod5978390127

Post by mod5978390127 »

Thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately, I still have no sound in UI3 -- I checked and double-checked all settings.