Audio missing in web UI3?

YrbkMgr

Re: Audio missing in web UI3?

Post by YrbkMgr »

Humor me. In UI3, click the 3 dots to display "About This UI" dialog and post a screenshot.

If I understand the issue right, you're reporting the following: playback of exported MP4 files have no sound when exported from UI3. Playback of exported MP4 files DO have sound when exported from the BI console. You think the audio track is missing when you export from UI3. If that's right, to get to the bottom of it, here's what I'd do:

Quick triage to test that your conclusion is true - prove that there's no audio track or that there's a track, but no sound was recorded. Create two test MP4's - one exported via BI, and the same clip exported via UI3. Compare both - same size same data, play them in different media players, different devices. Confirm that no sound is recorded from the UI3 export. Then export from UI3 from other computers and different browsers, and prove that no matter what, no sound is in any clip exported from UI3.

UI3 settings are unique to each client - Streaming profiles, playback, the lot of it. My hunch is that going through that exercise, the results will be different. That said, new browser, new browser profile, you'll start UI3 with default settings that work.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
speedyrazor

Post by speedyrazor »

I also have exactly same issue, was working infe, no chnages, excpet BI software upgrades.
I'll open a new ticket with my setup.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You could always rollback to the previous update if you wanted to see if it were the update causing the problem.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
mod5978390127

Post by mod5978390127 »

So, the User's audio permission wasn't checked (https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... =27&t=3063 Step #4) - after enabling it, I got the volume slider in the WebUI - HOWEVER, there is still NO audible sound. This is just a lot more unnecessarily complicated to get the basic stuff to work. Why is "audio" considered an "advanced" feature anyway?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Maaad props on finding it - Right on. Thanks for posting the follow up. Bookmarking this thread...