Blue Iris 5 CCTV analog cameras

ddavis66

Blue Iris 5 CCTV analog cameras

Post by ddavis66 »

I am currently running BI v 5 and have IP cameras assigned and setup. Question I have -- is it possible to connect cctv analog cameras from a DVR that has an ip address assigned and is reachable on the same network. I had been working with zoneminder a few years ago and thought this was possible then with a setup something like -- http://x.x.x.x:80:cam1 something like that?? Cant remember the exact url. Was just wondering if anyone has this setup and working.

I have an Elux EZ HD dvr on the network and would like to be able to view the cctv cameras from within blue iris -- maybe this is not possible

thanks in advance
TimG

Re: Blue Iris 5 CCTV analog cameras

Post by TimG »

I have heard of people doing this with BI5. It depends on your dvr if it will work and if it can show only one or multiple cameras. Some research required - and/or some testing.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ElectricB0i

Re: Blue Iris 5 CCTV analog cameras

Post by ElectricB0i »

ddavis66 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:51 pm I am currently running BI v 5 and have IP cameras assigned and setup. Question I have -- is it possible to connect cctv analog cameras from a DVR that has an ip address assigned and is reachable on the same network. I had been working with zoneminder a few years ago and thought this was possible then with a setup something like -- http://x.x.x.x:80:cam1 something like that?? Cant remember the exact url. Was just wondering if anyone has this setup and working.

I have an Elux EZ HD dvr on the network and would like to be able to view the cctv cameras from within blue iris -- maybe this is not possible

thanks in advance
I have heard of this being used in the past, as it does rely on what protocols the DVR uses and if the manufacturer is already supported with Blue Iris (which would make it easier). There is a Cam# function in Blue Iris which is used for this specific reason. I saw it being used with older and newer NVRs however, I do not beleive I have seen it with older DVRs. If it is an IP DVR then it can possibly work if it can output an RTSP stream (which would be the easisest), if it uses HTTP through RTSP as well it would just need a different path. If you cannot find any information from the manufacture, possibly start using inspect element on a browser to see if you can find a path from the main streams/individual cameras that is RTSP. This may be unlikely since older DVRs love to use depricated formats like JS and Flash.

If none of the above works, try this method. This is a very common RTSP path used by many manufacturers, try this format and select RTSP next to the Blue Iris URL box the camera video settings:

Code: Select all

rtsp://admin:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
Blue Iris 5 user