WansiView Q5

mulu

WansiView Q5

Post by mulu »

My wife bought a WansiView Q5 camera and I am trying to set it up with BI. It works on my phone. After setting it up, on my phone I want to setting for the camera. I selected Local application. RTSP was set to 554 which I left this way. I had to enable ONVIF. I left the port at 8899. For local account I used a particular username and password. The network is set to my 2.4GHz private (rather than guest) network. My BI computer has access to the same private wireless network. I then went into BI and added a new camera. It did detect this WansiView camera. I just accepted the default settings but it didn't work. So I went into Camera Setting->Video->Configure and entered the username and password that I set when setting up the WansiView camera. However, it still doesn't work. Attached is a screenshot of my settings.
WansiViewQ5.png
WansiViewQ5.png (64.88 KiB) Viewed 5323 times
ElectricB0i

Re: WansiView Q5

Post by ElectricB0i »

Hello, it seems here that you have not provided a video path for the stream. On previous Wansview cameras, W2 and W3, the video path for the main stream was, "/live/ch0" the sub stream (if the Q5 has one), would be "/live/ch1". Looking online, it seems that the Q5 should work with BI, even with h.265; looking in the patch notes for BI-5, the devs recently added more support for the cloud based Wansview cams. Have you tried setting the manufacture to "Wansview" in Blue Iris? It is located in the video settings you posted.

Select Q5, Q3S RTSP from the drop-down menu
Wansview.PNG
Wansview.PNG (25.97 KiB) Viewed 5294 times
This should fill in everything in the path and video settings which will just get the camera functioning. Make sure to set the buffer to at least 10MB if you have a strong network, and check that the IP and user credentials are correct. Last thing, what router and or Access Points do you use in your home? Some all-in-one routers like Netgear and some other honerable mentions will like to use AP isolation and VLANs for seperating the Wifi network from the Ethernet based LAN. Log into your router and make sure AP Isolation and seperated WiFi networks is not setup.
Blue Iris 5 user
mulu

Post by mulu »

Thanks for the reply. I don't see Q5 but just Q3. I am on BI 5.3.3.8. Apparently there is a "latest critical or highly-stable" update v5.4.7.11 but form some reason it is grayed out so I can't install it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Grayed out ?

I have that with one of my BI5 licensed installs. For me it is because the support plan has lapsed - it tells me in the logs.

It's actually a protection, as you would otherwise be put into evaluation mode.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
mulu

Post by mulu »

I do see that my support has expired at the end of last October. However, I thought that was only for getting customer support. Are you saying that if you don't renew each year you can't even get new updates to the software? It was my understanding and experience that as long as you are within the major version like 4.x, 5.x, etc you can still get updates but you just don't get customer support via email/phone when 1 year has passed.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi mulu,

As I understand it, even back in the BI4 days, the idea was to only allow updates to the latest version if you had an active support plan but it wasn't enforced at that time.

You get 12 months worth of updates when you originally purchase BI5 (=basic support plan). If you try to update after that it now gives the greyed out bit in the updater which is to protect you from installing a version you are not entitled to - which leads to BI5 being stuck in evaluation mode. You CAN download the latest version and install that, but you will instantly put BI5 into evaluation mode. Previously it didn't grey it out and you could happily click to update and put BI5 into evaluation mode with no way of knowing which version you needed to get it OUT of evaluation mode - there are plenty of forum posts from members who found that out the hard way. The extended and priority support plans entitle you to upgrades again:

https://blueirissoftware.com/#support

So yes, I am saying that you cannot upgrade without a valid support plan, either the basic or extended/priority plan.
Forum Moderator.
mulu

Post by mulu »

Ok, got it, you were always supposed to have a maintenance plan even when staying within a major version like 4.x, 5.x, etc That is against what most other companies are doing but so be it. However, I don't even know how to buy the basic plan. The website doesn't give you the option to buy this plan and if I click on the update button in the BI program I also don't get the basic update option. See screenshot below. So how can I subscribe to get the basic updates.
BISupport.png
BISupport.png (49.76 KiB) Viewed 5260 times
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Option 2 it seems
TimG

Post by TimG »

The basic plan is what you had after purchasing BI5. The two extended plan options above are only different in that one of them repeats every year, and the other is a one off payment.
Forum Moderator.
mulu

Post by mulu »

Can someone send a screenshot what the settings are when you select the Q5 camera? I can't get this to work, neither with the Q3 settings nor the general settings.