Backup NEW folder to FTP

numbbrrr

Backup NEW folder to FTP

Post by numbbrrr »

I have my ftp configured and tested it. I upgraded computer so I have to do some reconfiguring. How do I get the "NEW" folder to backup the camers every hour or so? There does not seem to be an option to set the time. Also is it easier to just go in the camera properties then the record menu and que it for backup there? I'm just looking for what most people do and what will backkup the cameras ASAP in case someone breaks in and steals my main computer box with all the footage.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.30.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.30.31 AM.png (122.98 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
TimG

Re: Backup NEW folder to FTP

Post by TimG »

I think we need clarification from support here. A few forum members were looking at ways to back up the "New" folder in case of theft of the BI5 pc. This included using hidden usb sticks, but we didn't think that would go well due to the memory cards wearing out. If it can be done with FTP that would be good.

I'm not sure what it IS backing up here though. Is it everything including "Stored" ? It would be very good to be able to only back up "New".
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Re: Backup NEW folder to FTP

Post by MikeBwca »

Just a thought. Maybe an easier approach, though more expensive.

Mirror the drive/SSD's you using for 'New' cabling them to either another desktop, or better yet, in a 'data safe' that would be bolted down somewhere near the BI desktop - maybe even through a wall.

That way, no additional copying. The hardware would mirror an exact copy.