Deepstack, recording and alerts still sent

twehrle

Deepstack, recording and alerts still sent

Post by twehrle »

Hey all...I took the Deepstack plunge yesterday. I have noticed some anomalies with how I expected Deepstack integration to work with BI. I am wondering if my expectations are incorrect or if I have the integration installed correctly.

Some background:
  • I am using BI version 5.4.7.11 on WIndows 10.
  • I have Deepstack GPU version installed to the root of my C: drive. (I have an NVidia Quadro P2200 card.)
  • I installed CUDA 10.1.105_418.96.
  • I installed CUDNN 8.0.5.39 that works with CUDA 10.1. This wasn't really an install though. Just a zip file of *.DLL and *.LIB files. I ended up placing "...cudnn\bin;...\cudnn\lib\x64" into my PATH variable, which these directories contain the *.DLL and *.LIB files.
  • I verified that Deepstack is running and being called for image processing.
Issue #1: Recording when alerted, but nothing found in detection analysis
I have 2 outside cameras configured for Deepstack and recording is set to "When alerted". These cameras have some trees in the view. As the wind blows the trees, it is triggering motion. I can see in the Alerts clips that the images are coming back as "nothing found". However, I also see in the Alerts and All Clips that it is still recording video triggered by these motions. Shouldn't the settings for recording only "When alerted", keep these from recording and thus, consuming disk space for trees blowing?
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (22.56 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (29.47 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

Issue #2: I am still getting SOME alert email actions, when Deepstack has cancelled the motion event.
I am seeing instances where motion will happen. In the BI logs, I see 5 seconds later Deepstack reports "nothing found", but then the alert email action is sent anyway. The image for that capture does not show the Deepstack overlay burned in. Not flagged with any percentage confirmation. Confused why these are sent. It's also not happening every time. It appears to be intermittent. Other times, I see Deepstack report Alert canceled and I do not get the email action.
Capture5.PNG
Capture5.PNG (9.79 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

Any thoughts on the above would be most appreciated. I would like to solve the false alerts and if possible save disk space on recording trees blowing.

Thank You
3p1phany

Re: Deepstack, recording and alerts still sent

Post by 3p1phany »

For #2, uncheck "Fire non-email/SMS/Push actions regardless".
Right now you have it set to notify you no matter what DS does.
Not sure if that will change how the recording works, I continuous record so I can't really speak to that issue.
twehrle

Post by twehrle »

Hmm...@3p1phany. That seems counter to the documentation since the alerts are configured in the "On alert" configuration and sent via email. According to the documentation, "Fire "On alert" and "On reset" actions only when confirmed", would keep emails from being sent when motion is cancelled, while "Fire non-email/SMS/Push actions regardless" would send all other types of actions other than email.
Last edited by twehrle on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twehrle

Post by twehrle »

@3p1phany - I tried your suggestion anyway and it appears to have solved my problem. Weird that it seems counter to the documentation. Unless I am reading it incorrectly. Thank You!